1090 hugger - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

1090 hugger

what is the best way to fasten carbon fibre hugger?

...had one installed w rubber bolts and lost it less than 10mi down the road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:36 PM

where did you even get one of the carbon huggers my dealer hasn't gotten it in for 6 months.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiking View Post
where did you even get one of the carbon huggers my dealer hasn't gotten it in for 6 months.
try calling MV Agusta of Houston....Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 PM

New Site Garage
Question huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiking View Post
How did you mage to lose it so quick, who installed it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorgoga View Post
try calling MV Agusta of Houston....Andy
Have you tried the site sponsors mate

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Established Member

Try Evolution bike. Maybe its because he's in Italy, but it seems he can get the parts from MV within a week. Three days shipping from Italy once he gets the part. As for mounting, you could probably tap the holes in the swingarm and screw it in directly. I think someone else on the forum has done that.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 PM

New Site Garage
Exclamation Hallooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball View Post
Try Evolution bike. Maybe its because he's in Italy, but it seems he can get the parts from MV within a week. Three days shipping from Italy once he gets the part. As for mounting, you could probably tap the holes in the swingarm and screw it in directly. I think someone else on the forum has done that.
Mate, all MV parts does not HAVE to come from MV. There are people manufacturing parts which are FAR better quality than the OEM parts, and the site sponsors sell these parts, they also sell parts that are not even manufactured by MV.

You will need Rivnuts crimped into the swing-arm if you already have holes in there, that is what I did.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
Gday Donsy, WTF's a rivnut?? I'll be getting a hugger soon, thought those holes under the rubber bungs were tapped ready to go.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Mate, all MV parts does not HAVE to come from MV. There are people manufacturing parts which are FAR better quality than the OEM parts, and the site sponsors sell these parts, they also sell parts that are not even manufactured by MV.

You will need Rivnuts crimped into the swing-arm if you already have holes in there, that is what I did.
I agree, I am using the hugger from Evolution Bike. I actually like it better because it does not have the MV logo in the clearcoat.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho16161 View Post
Gday Donsy, WTF's a rivnut?? I'll be getting a hugger soon, thought those holes under the rubber bungs were tapped ready to go.
No mate, those holes are usualy drilled to accept a rubber Well-Nut, depending on where you get the hugger from, it might be included.
If not you can get them from Auto dealer or Fastener dealer, they are rubber tubes with a brass threaded part moulded into them, you poke them into the hole and then as the screw gets tightened they compress and therefore grip inside the swing-arm. The danger is that some people Overtighten them, actualy tearing the rubber and then all falls apart. Because I race my bike and can't take chances, I took Rivet Nuts and crimped them into the holes in the swing-arm.
In most cases it meant going to a one size bigger screw but I did not mind doing that.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
No worries, like the nuts for most fairing screen bolts? I'll do that, maybe with some thread lock to stop bolt loosening? Cheers Donsy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode