powercommander5 maps - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

powercommander5 maps

ok hi everyone,just wondering has anyone had there 1078 dynotuned and have there own maps available to share,mine will be tuned on 20/july/2011,yep i know thats brisbane for you. stock headers stock cans,arrow mid pipe installed.on if you look at maps 002 and 003 on the powercommander site,the 002 map is pretty close but has no tuning at low revs but the 003 does,so i am just mucking around and inputted the 003 numbers into the 002 ,just to get a smoother throttle, not to bad actually.anyway if anyone has different maps it would be appreciated. regards eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:43 AM
dml
Established Member

Does the Powercommand V worth it? (I have F4 1078)

It allot cheaper then a microtec ECU! I was checking it!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

yep,at 289.00 dollars its worth it,i will get my bike on a dyno shortly,and i reckon it will be as smooth as silk.currently using the maps on the powercommander site, and i have made my own map already , down low is a lot smoother, and it no longer has a snatchy throttle,can not wait to get it on the dyno.
I know that the microtec is a piece of work , but way to expensive for me.ps: you can also buy the auto tune for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 AM
dml
Established Member

Yes I know. And even with the auto tune is allot cheaper than the microtec...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 05:54 AM
X81

Serious question, how are you getting around the lambda sensor?

You always needed an MV race ECU to switch it off, then ya PCIII/PCV and then the mapping time. Over here that's a worst case scenario of around £850 ish and that's only for fuel adjustment.

I know the Microtec isn't cheap for a single item but equally in terms of what you get for what you spend it is good value for money.

To get the level of access using piggy back devices would cost way more than the Microtec and still not offer as much flexibility.

On systems where you don't need to get round the Lambda sensor then i have to admit that a Microtec is an expensive choice, better results but expensive hardware.

Just my opinion obviously.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

I would buy the microtec any day over the pc5,but looking at bang for bucks the pc5 does a good job,at the end of the day it all comes down to volume of sales,and thats why the pc5 is a cheaper option,and does a reasonable job,I will respond to your question when I talk to the dyno dude.but when I get some dollars saved up I will end up getting the microtec.regards eddy
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 04:23 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
I would buy the microtec any day over the pc5,but looking at bang for bucks the pc5 does a good job,at the end of the day it all comes down to volume of sales,and thats why the pc5 is a cheaper option,and does a reasonable job,I will respond to your question when I talk to the dyno dude.but when I get some dollars saved up I will end up getting the microtec.regards eddy

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm not having a go mate. Everyone is free to make their own choices, just curious as to how you are getting around the Lambda sensor as i don't yet know of a cheap and easy way of disabling it in order tomap the area below 5krpm.

If there is no cheap way around the lambda sensor then the honest question has to be is it really best bang for buck value?

The MV's aren't like your common mainstream bikes where a nice cheap 02 eliminator (resistor) can be fitted.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 05:19 AM

I would agree with X81 here, it's horses for courses, the most noticeable and welcome part of a remap is the low rpm throttle response, my S1000RR is wonderfull with a PCV and autotune, but my mates 1078 is not, the same as most modern Ducati's you just can't get around the lambda sensor, in these cases the microtec is the sensible way forward

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

ok, I have remapped version 002 of the powercommander maps avaiable on there site in the low rpm range and it now is smooth from 1250 rpm to 3000 rpm huge low rpm control to what i had,no stalling around corners, no problem with acceleration in corners and out of corners,going in and out of roundabouts is now smooth,so please pardon my ignorance but as a layman , and novice
i truly do not understand what the lambda has to do with it,snatchy throttle has gone.and I have achieved this without yet having it on a dyno,wich will happen in july,I look forward to your help in this matter,cheers eddy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

does the pc5 overide the lambda.I thought it did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode