tail tidy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

tail tidy

Does anyone have any suggestions for a tail tidy for 08 brute that conforms with our stupid adr (australian design rules) that doesn't look like a pile of junk? Or at least comes close enough that I can shrug my shoulders at the copper and go hey its Italian special edition. I'm getting sick of getting tickets from the qld police when they are in a "we don't like your kind actually using the road" type of mood because mine doesn't have a reflector or a mudflap that sits in line with 45 degrees from the back axel. yes for those in the rest of the world that are reading this we officially live in the most nanny state of them all!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
So far I've come up with maybe the rizoma or ride mid-week not on weekends
e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM

What do the ADR rules look like? I have the Melotti fender eliminator and is is very nicely made and mounts very solidly.
-Ruben
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

My understanding is there has to be a reflector on the back (fair enough) and the mud flap is supposed to extend down to a line 45 degrees from the rear axel hence most bikes here have big ugly bits off plastic crap hanging off the back of them. I once asked a copper why and he said it was to stop stones flicking off the back wheel and hitting cars behind. When I suggested that I thought most stones would flick off the bottom of the tyre and fly in a fairly straight direction backwards or to the side, rather than in a looping upwards direction that would enable the mudflap to catch them. And rather the mudflap as the name suggests was most likely there to stop my pillion passenger (which I don't ever carry) getting water and mud up their back, I failed the attitude test and things didn't get much better from there.
And yes I think mine is a Melotti at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 09:12 PM

When I traveled through Qld I was disappointed by the low speed limits and the enforcement of them, but I had no idea you have it this bad. The fender/reflector requirement is pretty silly. Many people around here ditch the fender and reflectors completely and just stick the plate wherever they can find a place to hang it. Nobody cares. You need to do something very obvious, like have no headlight or blinkers, or be running slicks or something, before anyone pay attention. If you look closely at my avatar photo, you'll see the license plate wedged between the exhaust tips.
-Ruben

Last edited by Archilla; 05-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezza View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for a tail tidy for 08 brute that conforms with our stupid adr (australian design rules) that doesn't look like a pile of junk? Or at least comes close enough that I can shrug my shoulders at the copper and go hey its Italian special edition. I'm getting sick of getting tickets from the qld police when they are in a "we don't like your kind actually using the road" type of mood because mine doesn't have a reflector or a mudflap that sits in line with 45 degrees from the back axel. yes for those in the rest of the world that are reading this we officially live in the most nanny state of them all!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
So far I've come up with maybe the rizoma or ride mid-week not on weekends
e
its the brute ,they dont bother with the f4s. acab
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:06 PM

Rizoma

I went for the Rizoma. has lots of configurations so should work with any size plate. Also has a build in LED plate lite.

https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstor...?idproduct=804

I also added as integrated indicator tail light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MV-AG...Q5fAccessories
Attached Images

1078rr
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 PM

New Site Garage
Grem, do you have any pictures of the rear of yours....I think from memory it was slightly inset??

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode