Anyone know the difference between 910 ECU and F4 750 ECU - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Anyone know the difference between 910 ECU and F4 750 ECU

Trying to move a 910 engine into a F4 frame. Can anyone tell me what the essential electrical differences are in respect to the loom and ECU?

Thanks
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow900
Trying to move a 910 engine into a F4 frame. Can anyone tell me what the essential electrical differences are in respect to the loom and ECU?

Thanks
Ed
Position of ecu (F4 under seat, Brutale behind engine) coils, F4 has convential coils, Brutale has plug top coils, I would expect the ecu to reflect this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Does the ECU remain the 1.6 though? (loom will get rewired as the new position will be where the headlight used to be)

Coils are different .. hmmm ... being a slightly ignorant on these things would this require a completely new ECU or a new chip and adjustments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Does the ECU remain the 1.6 though? (loom will get rewired as the new position will be where the headlight used to be)

Coils are different .. hmmm ... being a slightly ignorant on these things would this require a completely new ECU or a new chip and adjustments?

The only way to know this stuff for certian is with a service manual and the electrical manual as well. The ohm impedence may be different for the coils, I doubt it, but the only way to know is with the manufactures listings.

Last edited by Some Guy; 10-17-2006 at 05:10 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:

These are just the two "major" differences I know of, the Brutale uses four individual coils that are incorporated into the plug cap, also the Brutale ecu sits right behind the engine so loom is obviously much different,

If I was doing the job I would try and simply use the 910 bare motor and all the F4's loom, coils etc, I would then get it custom mapped, bare in mind here we are not talking a Power Commander, I think you will need soemone who can map the eprom(chip) in the ecu, as I suspect ignition timing will also require adjustment.

The harder way would be to adapt the F4 loom to work the brutales ecu, coils etc, this would require someone pretty handy elec wise to compare and add/subtract from the looms, I would bet the F4 ecu plug would fit the brutale ecu.

Whats the big plan anyway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode