1090RR Barracuda Mirrors - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

1090RR Barracuda Mirrors

My stock mirrors just began falling apart (really the mirror fell out while riding) so I decided to try mounting the Barracuda mirrors with integrated signals. I was able to drill and tap the existing bar mounts to fit the 10mm stems of the Barracuda mirrors and it all looks really nice (I'll post some pics). Only problem is I get no turn signal lights when I wire them up. I tested the old signals just to make sure I hadn't popped a fuse or relay and sure enough they work fine. Does anyone know the proper resistance needed? I guess I'll try testing the old signals with a meter and see if there's a major difference. Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 PM

They should light up without a resistor, so assuming they are LED's ?? they are probably wired up the wrong way which means they won't light up at all. To get the flash rate you may need to add resistors, I fitted some LEDs to my 1090, no resistor flashed very fast, 1 x 23 ohm resistor flashed ok but after a while they would stop flashing until the ignition was turned off and and on again. Finally I fitted 2 x 23 ohm resistors per side and all is good, it all depends on what current draw the Barracudas have.

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM

post up some pics on what this looks like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Billywhizzz. Thanks I was thinking it might be the resistance issue. I just wrongly assumed that replacing led lights with led lights would work! When I connect up the barracudas (tried both ways) I get one quick flash from the tail lights then I have to reset the ignition to get anything to work. I guess I'll try a few resistors and see what happens. I can't seem to find any info on the barracudas so I guess it will be trial and error. Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll post some pics up as soon as I get them working! These are the mirrors
http://www.barracudamoto.it/en/shop/street-indicator/
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
Billywhizzz. TI'll post some pics up as soon as I get them working! These are the mirrors
http://www.barracudamoto.it/en/shop/street-indicator/
Will be interested in how they perform compared to the standard mirrors, they look good.

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Well this has turned out to be a major PITA. I added one 10-watt/10-Ohm resistor to front and tested and still got only one flash in the rear and then nothing until an ignition reset. Added a second 10-watt/10-Ohm resistor and now get a steady flash in the front and rear but the front is only about half brightness. I thought that perhaps balancing out the resistors between the front and rear would fix that but no go. I guess its time to start looking for a new flasher relay that might actually work.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM

How have you connected the resistors, is series or in a parallel? Should be in parallel, for the LEDs fitted to mine had to use 2 x 23 ohms resistors per front indicator.

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Established Member

Slyfox My Left Mirror Fell Out Also. That Should Be A Factory Covered Problem. The Dam Thing Cost Almost Two Bills, That Sucks. Not Sure About Thos Italians.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Established Member

Thumbs down 1090rr Mirrors

WHATS THE STORY WIYH THE MIRRORS? THIS IS THE THRID TIME I HERD OF THIS. AND IT HAPPENED TO ME ALSO. TWO BILLS FOR ONE MIRROR
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Established Member

Talking barracuda mirrors

are the barracuda mirrors better than the stock ones? it sounds like a hassel to put them on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode