New member looking for a 750 or 910. Advice needed... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

New member looking for a 750 or 910. Advice needed...

Hey all,

Now that used Brutale prices are starting to fall within my budget, I'm on the lookout for a nice 750 or 910. Not really having much experience with MV other than admiring them from a distance, I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on what to look out for. Any common problems or issues that I should keep my eyes open for? I've had a couple of water-cooled Ducati Monsters, but would love to be riding a Brutale...

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Holden; 05-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 12:30 PM

New Site Garage
I had the well-documented CPU issue on my '05 750. After I got it changed, all the electrical gremlins went away and have not returned.
I suggest keeping an eye on the glass cover of the headlight that comes off without warning as the adhesive that keeps it in place dries off and stops doing its job. After reading about it, I gently pulled on mine and there it was in my hand. I re-siliconed it and secured the top with a small piece of clear tape.
I know there has been rear hub problems due to the over-tensioning of the chain. This is something I have not experienced.
I put over 8,000 miles on mine, urban environment and country-side twisties (bought pre-owned with 2600 miles) and I have had zero mechanical problems. So in addition to being gorgeous and a complete blast to ride, it has proven extremely reliable, far more than what I expected.
I completely fell in love 3 years ago and the magic hasn't faded one bit. Ducatis are great bikes but MVs are truly special. Once you own one, it'll hit you each time you ride it : why did I wait so long to get one!?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the very useful info. I can't wait to find my Brutale...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 AM
cus

Have had my 750s for about 4 yrs and it has 38,000kms on it. Totally reliable to date other than recent rear wheel bearing failure (check out Mitch`s thread on this subject). Mirrors are totally useless and my fuel light has never worked, just reset trip meter when you fill up like in the olden days.They are thirsty compared to most bikes but utterly addictive. I am still running the original shims and build quality is exceptional. I would buy another one tomorrow, in fact I did a week ago but probably wont part with my 750 cause they are just that good. Happy hunting.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 AM

I'm in the mist of researching also and came across this link:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload...tale%20750.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode