Read to the end, have a couple questions I actually need advice on. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Read to the end, have a couple questions I actually need advice on.

Top 10 statements I have heard since I got the MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
10. Is that a Ducati? (um, no, but it is from Italy)
9. Between the 5 of us we have 100yrs of riding experience and none of us know what the hell that thing is.
8. Sorry, warranty repairs have to be done at a dealer, closest is in Chicago.
7. (Guy at Bike parts store) I've never heard of it and it isn't listed in any of my parts book, sorry I can't order you anything.
6. (Lady at License Branch) So what is it again? It isn't listed in my system, what is it close to?
5. This thing's front tire is as about as useful as nipples on a nun.
4. (Finance company) We're not sure how much it's worth, there is no blue book value because there aren't enough in the country.
3. First service and oil change $. (You don't want to know)
2. (Magazine review of the bike.) It's like taking a ride on a bull after someone kicked it in the balls.
1. (Motorcycle cop) Well I guess I have to give you a warning because I can't find the bike in my system. What is it again? (Followed by 10 minutes of "bike talk") He also said, "Don't tell the Harley guy that just left cause he got a ticket, and nice bike."

Ok, So I need to know how the 2 side air intakes come off.

Also, after a service, did they overfill your coolant so a little comes out the overflow tube when you shut the bike off? Just making sure this is normal and not an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Overflow is normal. Air intakes are screwed in with small Allen screws from below. You have to lift the tank which is a little tricky as it's not hinged like most sport bikes. I lifted min efrom the back and stuck a broom stick across the frame under it then lift the front and prop it with something .or you can disconnect the fuel lines and just pull it off
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM

New Site Garage
Exclamation Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaplin4 View Post
Top 10 statements I have heard since I got the MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
10. Is that a Ducati? (um, no, but it is from Italy)
9. Between the 5 of us we have 100yrs of riding experience and none of us know what the hell that thing is.
8. Sorry, warranty repairs have to be done at a dealer, closest is in Chicago.
7. (Guy at Bike parts store) I've never heard of it and it isn't listed in any of my parts book, sorry I can't order you anything.
6. (Lady at License Branch) So what is it again? It isn't listed in my system, what is it close to?
5. This thing's front tire is as about as useful as nipples on a nun.
4. (Finance company) We're not sure how much it's worth, there is no blue book value because there aren't enough in the country.
3. First service and oil change $. (You don't want to know)
2. (Magazine review of the bike.) It's like taking a ride on a bull after someone kicked it in the balls.
1. (Motorcycle cop) Well I guess I have to give you a warning because I can't find the bike in my system. What is it again? (Followed by 10 minutes of "bike talk") He also said, "Don't tell the Harley guy that just left cause he got a ticket, and nice bike."

Ok, So I need to know how the 2 side air intakes come off.

Also, after a service, did they overfill your coolant so a little comes out the overflow tube when you shut the bike off? Just making sure this is normal and not an issue.
Hi Mate, too true on most of those.
Here are the manuals for most of the bikes, as far as body goes, most Brutale and F4 models are very similiar etc.
Do not overfill the coolent, fill to bottom line only !
http://my.agusta.us/

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

So what is the tank held down by? I try to go off of what someone else may have learned from. Instructions on paper don't often cover everything, like propping the tank with a broom handle for a couple minutes. Doubt that is in the manual. Little tricks are what I am looking for. Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 PM

Take off the side plastic panels - they pop out from the rear - rubber grommet in hole (at least on the 910) and then slide back to come off. Below that are a couple bolts on each side that secure the tank from the rear. The front is secured below the key guard, so you need to take out those allen bolts. Just be careful when lifting the tank not to disconnect anything from below. I believe there are three screws per side on the air vents. I would recommend putting silicone over them once you replace them to keep them from vibrating out since they are so time consuming to get to in the first place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode