Uh Oh! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Uh Oh!

Well, It appears that I have won a 2004 Brutale 750. I first laid eyes on a Brutale about 4 months ago and immediately felt funny in my pants. I have been kicking around the idea of getting one ever since. I bid on this bike for grins and now that I won it, well, I don't mind saying that I am a little scared..I mean excited, ya that's it.

I have not worked out the details yet but the soonest I can meet my new toy will be in about 6 weeks. I am in the military and stationed away from my home. never really liked Yuma, AZ all that much but now I can't wait to get back there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:11 PM

Welcome to the family, you will love it!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

NOT SO FAST!

This is the message I got from Ebay.

Hello! I am so sorry, but all bids were canceled on this bike because we discovered there were issues with the paperwork. If you are still interested, please call Elias at (818) 765-2352 and he can let you know what the situation is. Ebay would not end this auction early for some reason, so it unfortunately closed with your bid. The bike is not for sale. I am so sorry about this!!

Maybe this one was not meant to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
did you say ebay?

good grief
when will you people learn......?

good luck
you might remember that when things seems too good to be true.......

............you can fill in the rest

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with the seller. He told me there is an issue with the actual owner's paperwork, bla, bla, bla. The seller was "Speed Life Style" Exotic Motorcycle Sales. They have a 100% super power seller tag, figured they wouldn't back out. He told me they have been trying to close the bid for a couple of days now but Ebay screwed up. He said once the paperwork is cleared I can offer $10K. Not saying $10K isn't a fair price but...it ain't the $7K I won the bid with. At least they don't have my money. I will continue to look. Maybe I will take advice on a previous thread and buy a Monster 620. There are a bunch of 'em out there.

SoCrates
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Smile

Lots of scams associated with bikes on the bay, however not all is bad, I got my VFR from an ebay seller and the transaction went smoothly and I think both buyer and seller were happy with the outcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Lots of scams associated with bikes on the bay, however not all is bad, I got my VFR from an ebay seller and the transaction went smoothly and I think both buyer and seller were happy with the outcome.
glad to hear that....
stories like your's are in the minority, sadly
the DIShonesty of so many folks on earth certainly shines brightly on ebay

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Red face

You are right Greg, a friend of mine nearly bought a fake Rolex watch on the bay, he asked me why it was such a bargain, an Oyster Day/Date Perpetual,and that the guy had PM'd him saying he would end the auction early if he paid 2k for it by personal cheque as he (the seller) had issues with Paypal. I looked at the photos and whilst I'm no expert on Rolex, it was no watch I'd ever seen in their catalogue. Be careful out there guys, don't forget the Chinese MV's that surface from time to time!!!

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Pimp of posts

john,
what i find funniest is when folks continue to be surprised when there is a public screwing in a dealing with ebay...

though, i'm happy that we all TRY to see the GOOD in folks...
it's what helps make the world go 'round

i'm sorry for your friend's issue with the Rolex

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 05:56 PM

I have to say that I've consummated over 250 transactions on ebay with no issues, buying and selling (seriously). I've bought 2 bikes and sold 2. Sold several cars. No question there are scammers and cheats, but common sense, feedback and emails/calls will go a long way. The key for me is finding hard to get items - for instance a vintage Hella spotlight for my R60. Also, I do think there are good, wholesale deals on bikes. That Brutale did not work out...but some other seller is going to lose one for $8k

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode