1078 exhaust system - need help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

1078 exhaust system - need help

I'm installing the corse system on my 1078. It's all going fine but I can't figure out the fasteners at the cat and frame.

I only have a 910 manual and they are standard bolts on that bike according to the manual,
but the 1078 is different, the fastener just spin in a rubber grommet
Anyone know how to remove them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 05:19 PM

I think it`s an allen on both ends.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

yeah, that much I can see...

Sorry I didn't figure this out before I posted.

There is a two part fastener that spins in a rubber grommet, the outer fastener stays in the frame boss and the inner fastener screws into it with a pin that protrudes into the bracket on the cat.

You have to hold the outer piece with a 19mm open-end and loosen the inner pin with an allen.

Weird set-up that had me scratchen my head.

carry-on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 05:57 PM

New Site Garage
Sounds like the same problem as I had when I installed my exhaust.

See nr. 2
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36556

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 910BrutaleHydrogen Norway View Post
Sounds like the same problem as I had when I installed my exhaust.

See nr. 2
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36556

Hmmm, did you put the O2 sensor back in? I was going to leave it out, there is a plug where it goes.

Is the new ECU closed loop or open loop?

On further examination it doesn't look like you installed the ECU that came in the kit. It should eliminate the O2 sensor - Right?

Last edited by flynbulldog; 04-29-2011 at 10:55 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post
Hmmm, did you put the O2 sensor back in? I was going to leave it out, there is a plug where it goes.

On further examination it doesn't look like you installed the ECU that came in the kit. It should eliminate the O2 sensor - Right?
If it's like the corse kit fitted to my 1090 the race ECU doesn't need the 02 sensor, should be plugged.

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 03:10 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post

Yes I have put into the O2 sensor.

But I do not use the ECU that came with the unit. Since it belongs to a 1078 and will not work properly on my 910.
The purpose of the new ECU is that you disconnect the O2 sensor. Then you will pollute a little more, and have even more fun when you're driving.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I finished the exhaust system yesterday - it was quite the project but now that it's done I'm glad I did it myself instead of taking it to a dealer.

The second picture is the fastener that started this thread - never seen anything quite like it - it is held in the grommet with a snap ring.

Third pic is the location of the ECU (red connectors) - I was able to change it without too much trouble without removing the airbox or throttle bodies.

I decided to give the pipes a quick polish just to give them a more finished look.
I didn't polish them to look like chrome, just to clean them up. After a five minute ride they already started to turn gold.
Attached Images

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I left the O2 sensor out - I'm really glad because it was a bear to remove from the bike.

The new system is a nice puzzle - fun to do really and the fit, when done, is really nice.

I was able to lightly polish over the laser-etched Corse logo without removing or damaging it.

The finished bike looks good. It's not too loud and it retained that sweet intake roar that I love about the Brutale.

It's been snowing out today (that's why I'm here writing this instead of riding) so I haven't had a chance to ride the bike but around the block.

I'll get a better impression of how the exhaust system works later in the week.
Attached Images

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 09:58 AM

New Site Garage
Post +9

Nice work and nice pictures mate, but did you replace those plastic fuel fittings with metal one's while you were at it. ??

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode