oops i did it again... - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 304
oops i did it again...

Took Brutale for another day of fun at the track...See fresh pics in my galery.

here is the full report.

1. I was lot more comfortable on the bike and pushing it more and more.
2. after my first service and getting rid of the Air canister, throttle responce on my bike is excellent!! I was able to open up midcorner without upsetting the chasis.
3. I need to spend more time tuning the suspention... Riding some places in Pocono is like riding on a washboard.
4. still riding without steering damper, so I was carefull in some placed, but the bike never gave me a scary moment, although there was some twitching of handlebars.
5. For some reason, my arms were killing me a lot more then diring previuos track day... I can hardly type today...could vibration contribute? I will try to put different barends next time...
6. Finally I was able to run Brutale under full throtle for extended periods of time!!!! I have to admit.. it has some nice power to it!!! but I gotta get used to the revlimiter cutting in...
7. I was able to hang with the crowd in the expert group without any issues, this speaks a lot about bone stock bike...
8. There is something weird about those tires... I don't think that front tire has as much grip as supercorsa pro I am using on my R6. But rear was holding fine..


How can I post a video?!?!?!
ks9mm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
 
gazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 1,560
Pics look good ks9mm, well done mate, I wish I could rev mine to the limit but I am too scared to on the streets!

I envy you!!

How do you think you would go on the 1000 on the track?

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
gazman is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman
Pics look good ks9mm, well done mate, I wish I could rev mine to the limit but I am too scared to on the streets!

I envy you!!

How do you think you would go on the 1000 on the track?

Care to let me try on your bike???
ks9mm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
 
airfuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,292
Pocono is a great track for the Brutale, nice and tight!

I need to get my Brute there to wear out the left side of the tires. All the tracks I have been on have been mostly right turns.

Bike looks great out there! How was tire wear????

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
airfuel is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
Bike looks great out there! How was tire wear????
I only did 2 full sessions on Brutale, and I was taking it easy the first one, so tire wear was minimal...
ks9mm is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm
Took Brutale for another day of fun at the track...See fresh pics in my galery.

here is the full report.

1. I was lot more comfortable on the bike and pushing it more and more.
2. after my first service and getting rid of the Air canister, throttle responce on my bike is excellent!! I was able to open up midcorner without upsetting the chasis.
3. I need to spend more time tuning the suspention... Riding some places in Pocono is like riding on a washboard.
4. still riding without steering damper, so I was carefull in some placed, but the bike never gave me a scary moment, although there was some twitching of handlebars.
5. For some reason, my arms were killing me a lot more then diring previuos track day... I can hardly type today...could vibration contribute? I will try to put different barends next time...
6. Finally I was able to run Brutale under full throtle for extended periods of time!!!! I have to admit.. it has some nice power to it!!! but I gotta get used to the revlimiter cutting in...
7. I was able to hang with the crowd in the expert group without any issues, this speaks a lot about bone stock bike...
8. There is something weird about those tires... I don't think that front tire has as much grip as supercorsa pro I am using on my R6. But rear was holding fine..


How can I post a video?!?!?!

great report
would LOVE to see a video

DID YOU REMOVE that THROTTLE RETURN SPRING?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
gazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 1,560
So what does happen when the rev limiter cuts in? Anyone!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
gazman is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman
So what does happen when the rev limiter cuts in? Anyone!
it just sputters as it BOUNCES OFF the imposed high rpm ceiling, like most other computer-controlled rev limiters



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
cdamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Not sure any more
Posts: 2,388
It`s a soft cut off. Time to shift.
cdamb is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
cdamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Not sure any more
Posts: 2,388
gazman, What is the redline on the 1000? The 750 is 13,100 rpm and I think the 910 is 12,000 rpm.
cdamb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome