Why do you like/love your Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Why do you like/love your Brutale?

I am very seriously looking at buying a Brutale 1090r (plus adding some accessories)

For someone who knows very little about the Brutale, please tell me why you like/love your Brutale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 AM

since you have an mv already, all of this is just a rehashing of what you know:

when you have it up to speed, anything over 20 mph the thing corners like its on rails. basicaly whereever you are thinking you want the bike to turn, it does almost magically, its not he best parking lot bike for the dmv test.

the brakes clamp down like a vice when you want them to but still have really nice modulation and are not grabby at all

once the bike is warmed up, the oil has to be warm and moveing a little bit maybe 5-10 minutes of easy riding, the gearbox is sublime, basically you barely have to move the shifter and its in the next gear, super smooth to say the least

once you are above 2k rpm the fueling is spot on and linear througout the entire rev range straight from the box, under 2k well it sucks.

and the sound of the engine above 9500 rpm even with the stock exhaust, you have an mv so you already know that sound and you won't be disappointed

the seating position for those of us that don't want a sportbike position, well it speaks for itself its like sitting in a chair practically.

and if you are even considering the bike, you already know how it looks aesthetically, so no need to state the obvious LOL
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post
I am very seriously looking at buying a Brutale 1090r (plus adding some accessories)

For someone who knows very little about the Brutale, please tell me why you like/love your Brutale?

Chicks dig 'em......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Established Member

getec...i got tired of feeling beat up after a day's ride in the canyons on the F4. i found it work to get the F4 thru the windies but it is one hell of a scoot for the straight and long turns! The Brute is so easy to throw around the windies, i feel more confident and it tracks well thru the turns. Still a blast on the straights and long turns. I can get back on the saddle the next day without having to do 2 hrs of stretching to get back limber like i had to do with the F4! Only thing is the hiway wind on a naked bike but that can be eassily resolved. No regrets going from F4 to Brutale.

Frank
2010 MV 1090 Brutale
2012 HD CVO Ultra
2000 HD Ultra (Sold)
2005 MV F4 (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:00 PM

On the 1090 if I had to choose one thing I really really like it's the mid range grunt, it is awesome, will out drag most bikes without even having to rev it... the bike is not perfect by any means buts it's addictive!

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 AM

I love my brutale and dont think I will ever go back to a full on sport bike. The seating position is really much better and its still a very fun bike with plenty of power (came off an RC51). I will say that for me the new position took some getting used to and I intially lost a lot of confidence in the turns, but once I got used to it everything came back and I can drag knees with the best of them.

I would say do it I cant imagine that youd regret the decision.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 AM

I love the harsh suspension , the bad throttle respons, the too hard brakes in traffic,the ears deafening Mv corse silmencers, but all that fades away , when sitting in my garage with a glass of wine looking at the starfighter tank
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:19 AM

Cause its a bitchslap in your face kinda bike. Straight to the point. Beautiful, not common, and when I park near Boubon St, there is always a crowd around it, totaly pissing off the Harley posers. And I like telling people it aint no fucking Ducati.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I love my Gina because, quite simply, she is the finest performing bike I have ever ridden that I am completely comfortable sitting on....speaking of which, the very first time I sat on her in the dealer showroom everything just fell to hand. She just FIT !!! And THEN I went for a ride.

And besides all that, she is just beautiful...

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 06:54 PM

It stirs the emotions like nothing else!

MV Ultra Take the ride!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode