New Brutale 1090 Owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

New Brutale 1090 Owner

G'day Men, Purchased my new Brute (Black/Pearl White) in Melbourne on 11th March almost 2 years to the day that a B-Double container truck tried to 'eat' me and my 2008 BMW K1200S, and following a protracted (partial) recovery and re-hab period. Only 3 short rides so far but enough to form some early impressions. The bike 'feels' light and is very easy and comfortable to ride from the getgo, which somewhat masks its obvious potential. It's nimble, manouverable and loves corners, but also feels stable which is confidence inspiring. The suspension seems soft as delivered but ok for the run-in period and there is some concerning noises coming from the clutch case area at idle, but hopefully that will quieten down with some more km's on the clock. The slash pipes look stunning (apart from the cat box) but the exhaust note is fairly ordinary (at break-in revs anyway) and I'm hankering to put on a full Ti system with short pipe, but probably should wait till run in?. Also, I would like to ask Flushman where he got what looks like a carbon Biondi screen.
All in all it is a magnificent piece of machinery and so far ticks all the form AND function boxes for me.
This is a great forum and actually inspired me to head down the MV path. Cheers, Stu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM

Welcome to the family.
Good to see another Melb MV ride.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Established Member

Congrats Stu, your gonna love it more and more every run!!

Frank
2010 MV 1090 Brutale
2012 HD CVO Ultra
2000 HD Ultra (Sold)
2005 MV F4 (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Established Member

yep, welcome stu. This is a great forum. Don't worry about the noise, I suspect that is the normal noise coming out.

Don't know what it's like down your way, but up here in qld it won't bloody stop raining long enough to get a decent ride in! I've hed the bike for 5 months now and only done about 2500k's!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Welcome and Congrats

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 PM

New Site Garage
Post Hi Mate

[ Also, I would like to ask Flushman where he got what looks like a carbon Biondi screen.
Cheers, Stu[/quote]

Welcome aboard, have a look at the site sponsors.
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Screens...rutale_Screens
and
http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...10/biondi.html
Cheers

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 PM

I just gave away my Biondi screen to a member here. Oh well. Congrats on the new bike.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Established Member

Carbon Screen

Hiya Stu welcome to the forum.
All the screens that I have seen sold new are the standard metal ones and I did purchase one of those from Evolution. They look nice if you get someone to spray it for you. Emoto who have now gone bust (If they haven't don't deal with them they just rip people off) did sell a carbon fibre version and I was lucky enough to pick one of those up off ebay second hand. I couldn't find anyone selling the carbon fibre version new but someone else on here may know better.
Enjoy the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode