Speed triple VS Brutale 1090 RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Speed triple VS Brutale 1090 RR

Help me decide on which! Pros and cons. The Brutale is like 9k more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:07 AM

They are both stunning bikes (i have ridden both) but the mv oozes quality that the trumpet cannot obtain,and the desirability factor alone screams mv.To get the trumpet up to any where near the Bruties style you would have to cover it in carbon and every available extra.

There are motorcycles and then there is MV
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 AM

I also had the chance to ride both of them. I like both of them but If money is ont an issue I would go for the Brutale. Is a nicer bike to look at and more exotic. The ST feels a little top heavy. The brutale handles very nice. If I buy a naked triumph I will buy the street triple, that thing screams and pulls really nice. It handles way better than the Speed triple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM

+1 on the Street over the Speed
+10 on the 1090 - in a different league and it's sort of true you do get what you pay for
I believe a test ride of those three and you will know
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:13 PM

Not even a comparison!! Buy the 1090!! It will be the best money you have ever spent!!!!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:16 PM

Different leagues, get the 1090 (or a 1078).

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:28 PM

get the triumph if you want a bike where you can get parts for it from the dealer in a few days if you need it, namely an oil filter.

get the mv if you want an exclusive bike, a bike so exclusive that the dealer won't know when they can get in an oil filter for the bike that is new so the old ones dont fit on it.

in hindsight, the 1090 i bought is a great and fun bike to ride that is not in question at all.

but when it comes to getting anything like accessories/parts, etc, and we are talking simple things like an oil filter and service manuals, its an absolute nightmare to get anything from a dealer that then has to get the parts from mv. These aren't even major parts i'm asking for these are things that MV should have sent extras to dealers with the bikes, but for some reason they didn't.

Others may say "that is the price of admission" maybe so, but its something to consider as the msrp is only the first step in the price of admission that you will pay. MV will seriously test your patience if you ever need parts for the bike.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. The other things that I would add is $$$$ (price) and warranty. You need to keep in mind the cost of maintenance, parts and upgrades (if you go that route). Is there a difference when it comes to the warranty? Next ride them both, then make a decision. I would have to say, it's not going to be an easy decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiking View Post
get the triumph if you want a bike where you can get parts for it from the dealer in a few days if you need it, namely an oil filter.

get the mv if you want an exclusive bike, a bike so exclusive that the dealer won't know when they can get in an oil filter for the bike that is new so the old ones dont fit on it.

in hindsight, the 1090 i bought is a great and fun bike to ride that is not in question at all.

but when it comes to getting anything like accessories/parts, etc, and we are talking simple things like an oil filter and service manuals, its an absolute nightmare to get anything from a dealer that then has to get the parts from mv. These aren't even major parts i'm asking for these are things that MV should have sent extras to dealers with the bikes, but for some reason they didn't.

Others may say "that is the price of admission" maybe so, but its something to consider as the msrp is only the first step in the price of admission that you will pay. MV will seriously test your patience if you ever need parts for the bike.

Last edited by LiquidWhy; 03-30-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 PM

I had a speed triple for 3yrs before buying a 1090 so here are my comments:

Handling and suspension, MV is better.
Brakes, MV is better.
Everyday usability, Triumph wins, more user friendly fuelling.
Performance, MV wins, no doubt, far more ferocious.
Fuel consumption, MV is very very poor, Triumph is excellent.
Grin factor, MV!

If you have the money and some to spare buy the 1090, if you are being stretched financially buy the Speed Triple, both are excellent bikes built to a price and for a purpose.

Shaun
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Help me decide on which! Pros and cons. The Brutale is like 9k more!
Where are you located ? In oz you can get a new 1078rr for approx $2k cheaper than the new speed triple. The new brutale is a little more. I've owned both and agree with others comments. Both great bikes but the I'd take the MV.

MV Agusta F4 (2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode