Can't believe I forgot! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Can't believe I forgot!

I got the Brutale out of storage at my parents two weeks ago and brought it up to my apartment only to have freezing temps and some snow strike again. She sat undercover on her stand patiently waiting for me to grow a pair.

I got off work this evening on time, at 6:00. and decided to put the pegs I ordered from Carl on.(thanks by the way)

After this I decided to suit up for my first real ride of the season. Once I got all of my gear on, my legs and hands were shaking in anticipation. It was like the first time I swung my leg over her. She started right up, and the off-beat idle I've come to love burbled into my ears.

I waited for the engine to warm up as I putzed out of the city limits, then tore off into the surprisingly brisk 38F dusk. I hit some of the few twisties in my Ohio flatland, and couldn't wipe the grin off my face. GOD I LOVE THIS BIKE !

43 miles later, cold and numb. We returned home and she once again found the comfort of her cover. I gave her a loving pat from my frozen hand and stumbled inside with the smug smile all of us that ride MV's know.
Attached Images

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 12:14 AM

SE Michigan? Ohio? And I am in Indianapolis, about to pick up mine this Friday from the local Ducati shop. We should organize a weekend ride to go somewhere. Coming over to the MotoGP in Aug? Jason
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 02:37 AM

Come down to Tassie - we ride all year... though it can be cold in winter, but not what you poor buggas have to put up with!!

Enjoy the good weather to come!!!

We are 42 degrees South, what are you guys in Latitude???? 60 degrees North???

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:06 AM

shoe07 - what hangers you got for those pegs?? I can see F4 Brutale on there.. are they MY2010?
Ade from Seat Factory IOM (member here- [email protected]) supplied me some of those pegs here in the UK and have to say quality items just need those hangers rather than the adjustable ones...

Last edited by Totale; 03-30-2011 at 05:19 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 AM

New Site Garage
Looking forward to getting this feeling soon. In Norway, we have almost 6 months
of winter.

In a few weeks I'm ready for the first ride.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And White bullet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 AM

I am highly anticpating my first ride. But I don't have enough cold gear to go more than a few miles without nearly freezing to death.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totale View Post
shoe07 - what hangers you got for those pegs?? I can see F4 Brutale on there.. are they MY2010?
Ade from Seat Factory IOM (member here- [email protected]) supplied me some of those pegs here in the UK and have to say quality items just need those hangers rather than the adjustable ones...
I think those are the original early model Brutale hangers...bet CAG has some?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 09:42 AM

cheers esq'z me - So it looks like I am looking for the old ones or the newest ones - just not the ones I've got
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totale View Post
cheers esq'z me - So it looks like I am looking for the old ones or the newest ones - just not the ones I've got

yup,

they're just the original hangers with the fancy pegs that actually let my boot stay on the peg.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode