Suspension upgrades - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Suspension upgrades

I am planning on getting some Traxxion Ak-20 cartridges installed in the forks. My friend there will check on a Penske shock. These 2 components completly transformed my 06 FZ1 into an awesome handling bike. Right now, this thing beats me to death.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:01 PM

I have AK20s on my 996 Racebike and love them, going to do the same on my radial MV F4 forks when they arrive next week from ebay purchase
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse View Post
I have AK20s on my 996 Racebike and love them, going to do the same on my radial MV F4 forks when they arrive next week from ebay purchase
I put AK 20's, Penske shock, Carrozzeria wheels and Galfer rotors on my Yamaha FZ1 and it is unbelievable on the difference. My friend [email protected] traxxion told me today that I know now how a bike is supposed to feel and ride. This Brutale is firm and rough. The biggest thing I noticed about the AK20's is the small bumps are non existent.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +10

Let us know if you can get them for the RAC 50's, and how much, always guy's asking the question.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Let us know if you can get them for the RAC 50's, and how much, always guy's asking the question.
What are rac's?

O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 PM

New Site Garage
Post Hhhmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10KLZZ71S View Post
What are rac's?
Basically, they are the 50mm Marzocchi forks with the radial mount brakes. As per "R" model MV's and later. There is a few variations on the Brutale's, someone with more knowledge on the Brutie's will chip in shortly I am sure.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Site Sponsor

If the ride is too harsh, before you do any modifications, turn the compression damping settings to the softest setting and see if it makes a noticeable difference. If it does not, call us and we can recommend specific solutions for your size and style of riding.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 PM

New Site Garage
Smile Huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Agusta of Houston View Post
If the ride is too harsh, before you do any modifications, turn the compression damping settings to the softest setting and see if it makes a noticeable difference. If it does not, call us and we can recommend specific solutions for your size and style of riding.
I must have missed something guys from Houston, welcome aboard ? Always nice to see !

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Agusta of Houston View Post

I plan on coming visit yall since I am only 2 hrs away, in the Palestine area. Although eventually I will do the AK20/Penske upgrade. Unbelievable difference.

Donsy, Lee already told me they put AK20 cartridges in the 50mm forks. I will call Monday and find out more.

O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I must have missed something guys from Houston, welcome aboard ? Always nice to see !
Thank you for the welcome! You have not missed much, I believe the announcement just went up yesterday! A big howdy to MV owners in WA, I've spend some time working in Perth, what a beautiful country with great people - and you guys do have something in the water, with all the fast racers you keep cranking out over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10KLZZ71S View Post
I plan on coming visit yall since I am only 2 hrs away, in the Palestine area. Although eventually I will do the AK20/Penske upgrade. Unbelievable difference.
Absolutely, let us know when you head down our way!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode