Peg replacement - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmaz View Post
flynbulldog, do you know which Ducati the adapter was for? That would solve everything as all these after market pegs come listed for Ducatis. I'm in central Mexico which is why I'm trying to be certain that things fit. Its a real pain getting things to here let alone trying to return something that does not work. How long are the pegs? They aren't shown on the Gilles Tooling site. The adapters are shown so I assume the pegs are available. Where did you buy them? There are a couple of importers in the US that do special orders if it gets to that. Special ordering things in Mexico almost never works out.
Thanks from the wilderness for all the responses.
Mazmaz, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, I haven't been watching this thread.

I actually just took the gilles pegs off my streetfighter and put them on the MV and ordered new ones for the SF.

I ordered them from Ducati Seattle and I'm not sure which bike they are specifically for but I believe it's for the 916.
The guys at the DS parts desk would know. Anything that fits the SF will fit the MV

The first pair I got fit perfectly but had a 2 degree cant downward.
The second set had to be "adjusted" on a belt sander to fit either the Duc or the MV but they seem to droop less.

Either way they perform super and keep my feet firmly planted where they belong.

Good luck.

Last edited by flynbulldog; 04-10-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Established Member

almost forgot - the pegs are 3.5 inches long and the adapter adds another 3/8".
From the center of the pin the whole thing is 4.25"

Last edited by flynbulldog; 04-10-2011 at 12:30 PM.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 02:48 PM

flynbulldog, thank you. Keven Rude who owns Brothers Powersports, the Ducati dealer in Bremerton, is a friend of mine so dealing with ducati parts won't be a problem. Even better I know the guys in the maintenance department. They went over my BMW F650GS before I rode it down here two years ago and will be doing the same to the Brutale before I ride it down this September. I think I will go for the longest length which is the Ducati ones.
I'll post something about the trip when I'm back assuming, as Sublime put it, I don't get run over and I don't get shot.
oh, and flynbulldog, this is Mexico. For down here your response time was really fast. The first thing you learn here is that mañana doesn't mean really tomorrow it means not today.
Thanks again everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 11:06 PM

Hey Triangles1,

I haven't done anything with the shift pattern, just looking to make the peg more comfortable. I can send you the rough design via solidworks if you would like to see them. Let me know.

Nick
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick5704 View Post
Hey Triangles1,

I haven't done anything with the shift pattern, just looking to make the peg more comfortable. I can send you the rough design via solidworks if you would like to see them. Let me know.

Nick
Thanks Nick.

I took the plunge and paid my money, bought a set of LightTech rearsets. The appearance is excellent, it converts to a GP shift pattern, which is the whole reason I was doing it.

On the down side, the fit wasn't great. I was pretty disappointed to pay nearly $600 US and have to radius the brake pedal pivot to fit the clevis just to install it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm handy, and don't mind making things work, but this is supposed to be an application for my bike, and I paid a premium price.

The pegs are SUPER grippy. I described them to a friend as "chainsaw" grippy.

Seems like they're going to work out well, but the bike is currently torn down for some suspension work and paint, so I haven't ridden them yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode