Peg replacement - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick5704 View Post
I have designed an entire rearset with a new peg for my bike. I was not able to find what I wanted so I decided to try it on my own. I have a rapid prototype version and after a few tweaks I am going to have them machined. The rearsets are offset 35 mm frame to peg mount to align with the exhaust shield. I did this because when riding on the ball of my foot, my heel is pushed out which puts pressure on the inside of my knee. I can send out some photos if you want to see them. My planned finish will match the stock heel guard.
Will be very curious to see these...sounds like nice work, and a good design.

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM

I will snap a few pictures and post them up. I still have a few tweaks to add and I might incorporate an aftermarket peg, as the one I designed will most likely be a fortune to machine. I will say that the test ride on the bike I had using the prototype was significantly more comfortable for me.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM

Hey Brutaleluke,

You can get Solidworks eDrawings for free at the Solidworks website. With this program, I can send you the drawings of the brackets if you would like to see them. Let me know.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up pegs?

non slip pegs? contact Ade......i have 2 sets on the way

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 PM

foot peg questions

I want to replace my foot pegs on a 2004 750S. I like the Rizoma tapered racing foot pegs best and then the Spiegler z115.
questions:
1. The Rizoma is listed as fitting the 09 to present 1078RR and the 10 to present 1090R. Does anyone know if they fit the older Brutales? No one I call can tell me how long the pegs are, does anyone know?
Name:  Rizoma Tapered Racing Footpegs.jpeg
Views: 334
Size:  19.8 KB
2. People have said the Spiegler Z115-D04 folding bracket (a Ducati part) will fit the 750s. Has anyone done this to know that they do? Spiegler wonít comment, donít blame them. The Spiegler pegs are 3 1/4 inch long.
Name:  Footpegs.jpeg
Views: 326
Size:  12.4 KB
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I'm going with Sato's. But everything suggested are good choices also.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM

The rearsets for all years/models MV Agusta are pretty much the same so those Rizoma pegs should fit just fine. Here is an image of the dimensions (mm). Keep in mind that this is without the adapter. That will add some length to it.
Attached Images

Motovation is now on Facebook -
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Established Member

I have gilles pegs - used adapter for a ducati.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM

flynbulldog, do you know which Ducati the adapter was for? That would solve everything as all these after market pegs come listed for Ducatis. I'm in central Mexico which is why I'm trying to be certain that things fit. Its a real pain getting things to here let alone trying to return something that does not work. How long are the pegs? They aren't shown on the Gilles Tooling site. The adapters are shown so I assume the pegs are available. Where did you buy them? There are a couple of importers in the US that do special orders if it gets to that. Special ordering things in Mexico almost never works out.
Thanks from the wilderness for all the responses.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick5704 View Post
I have designed an entire rearset with a new peg for my bike. I was not able to find what I wanted so I decided to try it on my own. I have a rapid prototype version and after a few tweaks I am going to have them machined. The rearsets are offset 35 mm frame to peg mount to align with the exhaust shield. I did this because when riding on the ball of my foot, my heel is pushed out which puts pressure on the inside of my knee. I can send out some photos if you want to see them. My planned finish will match the stock heel guard.
Nick,

You haven't happened to have converted the bike to GP shift with a linkage, have you? The shift pattern change is my primary goal, and I just dropped money on the LightTech rearsets for the sole reason of converting to GP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode