Newbie - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Been lurking on this forum since I bought a 2008 910S 2 months ago, thought I better make it official. Nearly bought one of the 1078rr being shipped in to Peter Stevens, but got a great deal on the 910S with only 500k's on it.

Few observations so far:

Mirrors not very useful
Slippery pegs (nearly fell off on test ride!)
Rear end where numberplate fits ugly (most bikes are these days)
Would like some more noise from the exhaust

Have emailed Trooper Lu about some CRG mirrors, barends to suit and a Melotti tail tidy. Just waiting on the tail tidy to turn up and they will be shipped to me. Kirra at Trooper Lus has provided fantastic customer service!

Now to the exhausts, really like the look of the standard slash pipes, but the Arrow stubbies sound great. Are there any other options besides the MV Corse that keep the original look without breaking the bank?

Footpeg options?

Any advice much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard! These bolt right on to your existing adjustable rearsets. Very grippy.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1167wt_941
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 05:05 PM

CAG^ do those only work with adjustable rearsets, or could I get a set for my non-adjustable?

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 06:01 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
They work on both. They just replace your foot pegs. It is 10 minute job to replace your existing pegs with these.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads View Post
Been lurking on this forum since I bought a 2008 910S 2 months ago, thought I better make it official. Nearly bought one of the 1078rr being shipped in to Peter Stevens, but got a great deal on the 910S with only 500k's on it.

Few observations so far:

Mirrors not very useful
Slippery pegs (nearly fell off on test ride!)
Rear end where numberplate fits ugly (most bikes are these days)
Would like some more noise from the exhaust

Have emailed Trooper Lu about some CRG mirrors, barends to suit and a Melotti tail tidy. Just waiting on the tail tidy to turn up and they will be shipped to me. Kirra at Trooper Lus has provided fantastic customer service!

Now to the exhausts, really like the look of the standard slash pipes, but the Arrow stubbies sound great. Are there any other options besides the MV Corse that keep the original look without breaking the bank?

Footpeg options?

Any advice much appreciated
Welcome! Yeah, those mirrors...

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Hi Nads welcome from wet QLD I have a 1078 and have fitted a set of the MV Corse 'Inox' slash cut mufflers
from Evolution it they are a race pipe but as I retained the cat it is acceptable on the road and sounds excellent on the overrun and looks stock Cheers P
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Footpegs question been answered, thank you CAG.

Padier, get a good sound even with the cat still fitted? Thought I was gunna have to fork out for a complete system. Do I need a fuel controller upgrade with these?

My previous bike was a 2007 Z1000, had a set of MIVV carbon slip ons, had a great sound with the db killers removed

This is a great site, plenty of knowledge and support for MV owners.

Last edited by Nads; 03-20-2011 at 08:40 AM.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:08 AM

These are some good pegs for the price. I put them on my 848 track bike and they work/ look good. http://www.ottimotohk.com/index.php?...tegory&path=35
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Big Randaddy

Welcome Nads. It's a good thing you're a Brutie rider with a name like Nads. If you were a F4 rider, you'd have to give up that moniker.......maybe adopt "Wuss".

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Mvagusta View Post
These are some good pegs for the price. I put them on my 848 track bike and they work/ look good. http://www.ottimotohk.com/index.php?...tegory&path=35
I've never thought about adjustable rearsets, thought they were too expensive but these are a very good price. Worth spending the coin?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode