Digging my Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Digging my Brutale

Few little quirks, but absolutly love the bike. Very Fast. Gonna take thye 41t off for a 43. Filled up one day and fuel poured out of an overflow for a bit. Normal? too full? No light on the tach? Cant see at night. On occasion it will just die while in traffic like it gets confused a low rpms. Aggravation more than anything. The rubber stuff seems it isnt good. Changed all of the caps on the charcoal cannister deals , 2 on ea side. Is the an AIS system on here? smog air pump deal? Seems to backfire on decel some. Overall I love it. Oh sometime the headlight blinks, could this be related to no tach light?
Attached Images

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Hi V10,

Glad you like your Brutale. The more you ride it, the more you will like it.

Keep the fuel level about an inch below the white plastic filler neck or it will overflow everywhere.

I can't comment on the charcoal canister as ours don't come with them. If you search on here you will find info on how to remove it.

The blinking headlight and no dash lights is not good. It could be a dodgy SPU.

Mine also crackles and pops a bit on overrun.

Dave.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 05:38 PM

Check the plugs on the harness for wet or corrosion or loose connection first. Perhaps add dylectic (sp) grease.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 PM

plus one on the electric grease. Pull all the fuses put a little bit on and put them back. I also read on here where someone greased the throttle bodies fitting to make them airtight and the stalling went away - havent tried that on mine yet - still too cold to ride but its on the spring prep list.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac666 View Post
Hi V10,
...The blinking headlight and no dash lights is not good. It could be a dodgy SPU.

Mine also crackles and pops a bit on overrun.

Dave.
Agree with above but, but since your bike has been modified a think the idle rpm is just too low.

If the Head light only blinks when the bike is idling, then the idle it probably too low. If blinks randomly all the time, then dodgy SPU more likely

The ECU controls the head light, and when the idle is too low It will blink each time the engine is close to stalling. Increase the idle and it might cure the blinking headlamp and the stalling at traffic lights.

Have my modified Brute set to 1600-1700rpm idle. Some might think this is too high, but mine purrs all day long and headlight doesn't blink. Feels and sounds better.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

The no tach light was a bulb. Easy to change. My idle is about 1300-1400.

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:26 AM

Glad your enjoyin it V10 - get to know it and you'll love it

Easy enuff to get to the headlight connections - be worth checking in there - more than like simple fix..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I have concluded that my headlight deal was me hitting the flash button with my glove, making it flicker. Now that I became aware of it, hasn't did that since. I cant wait for my new chain and sprocket set[back to 43t fr/41].

O6 Yamaha FZ1
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 12:54 PM

[quote=V10KLZZ71S;425044] On occasion it will just die while in traffic like it gets confused a low rpms. Aggravation more than anything. quote]

Generally a tuning issue.

BTW You will love this bike. Congrats!!!! The 910R is fantastic bike.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 12:42 PM

910r

Can't wait to get mine, coming from Cali soon. I beleive it definitiely has the SPU issue as it will not hold idle when hot. It also tends to lose a bit of coolant even though it is filled to the low line. Has a power commander installed which may need the proper map as it has the titanium corse exhaust and chip. Will keep you posted. Shipping from Cal will be at least $500. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode