Kiwi in W.Australia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Kiwi in W.Australia

I have been looking at a 1078 after deciding a Streetfighter, although an awesome bike doesn't warrant the price for me. As I have a 999 at home in NZ I thought I might try something different while here in Perth. I know there are plenty of Japanese makes/models to choose from but honestly they don't fit my criteria.

The Brutale has my attention. My local dealer is Rick Gill in Ocbourne Park. They are good to talk to and are keen for me to take a demo for a spin, but this is in city/suburban area.
I know the people on this forum will probably be biased to some degree but please give me your feedback about the Brutale. What is good about them, what isn't?

I am pretty handy with tools and would do most basic servicing myself out of warranty period.

I look forward to your comments.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Hi Mate

I am down in Bunbury, sorry to say, yes Rick Gill is the only MV dealer : (. You can not go wrong with a Brutale in this climate !!!

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 05:24 PM

New Site Garage
Hey Drgoon...I'm an Aussie in Auckland (LOL).

spirited ride that can be ridden sedately or ripping up the tar-seal
handles like nothing you'll every ride - point and shoot, exceptional feel
it feels like a hand-built machine, the duc's (monsters) feel like tractors
power delivery, smooth and powerful and when riding the torque wave at 9-11k ....simply awesome

dislikes:
07 and prior was a lucky dip regarding the Service Power Unit (SPU)...once replaced - zero eletrical problems
mirrors look great, but shitty to see behind you....go for some bar-ends

Servicing
Easy to service and this forum contains some of the most helpful and skilled operators on the planet

+1 ...and you've got Donsy (hopefully) not to far away from you....but WA is one f*cking big state

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:28 PM

hi drgoon,I just purchased a 1078rr about 4 weeks ago,I was moving up from my old sv650 great boki to through around the corners, was light and agile, my biggest concern was if the brutale was going to handle as well as the sv, there is no comparison the brutale just blows it away. torgue, power and handeling is all there, the only thing that really gets on my nerve is how uncomfortable the seat is, well I fixed that , just take the seat off ,take the staples out,remove the cover ,go and buy some 20mm foam and shape it with a 50mm sander, more thickness at the front less at the back.and presto use contact to glue the foam on,then just touch up with the sander,and put the cover back on using contact and staple gun.or go and buy a $500.00 seat.mine cost 30.00 bucks.anyway the bike is awesome.but i am contemplating a microtec or powercommander,just to smooth it out down low.also you can either have a soft or hard ride bye adjusting your rebound and compression settings.basically set up the bike the way you want it to be.I have had no problems yet.
regards eddy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:02 AM

Great bargain to be had with the 1078 brute, i see on bikesales, central coast cycles have some for $17k brand new, since the new pricing of the new bikes they had to drop. People who bought for $30 odd few years back would not be happy. how much you pay eddy? I've had the 02 senna for a while now. coming up to 12k km. Considering trading it for an ago or some other ltd edition, or even a 1078 brute, just thinking. What do you think?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 AM

Fingers crossed I'll have a 1078 Brutale by next week, all the finance going to plan. Will be getting it off Justin at Trooper Lou's, $17800 ride away with a few little goodies. Can't wait now!!!

Does my bum look fast on this?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 06:06 AM

hi bennywell .yep got a bargain 14,000 on road 12 months rego had 8,000 klm, there is a red one oh there
for 17,500 down the coast ,mate i know you could probably pick it up for 14,000 cash because i almost got that one it only has 1,140 klm on it. see it has now been on bikesales for a long time, and the new bikes have dropped in price, give him a ring and make him an offer.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Been thinking about a 1090 also, although Rick Gill has a 989 for $17990.
What is the difference?

Benny how much you want for the Senna?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoon View Post
Been thinking about a 1090 also, although Rick Gill has a 989 for $17990.
What is the difference?

Benny how much you want for the Senna?
Dont want to rush into it but there is one for sale on bikesales for $30k with 8k km mines got 12k km and signed by ago and dvd footage of him riding it at albert park. Whether or not that bumps the price up. you never know you might give me an offer i cant refuse!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Rick Gills said I could have the 989 for $16800 and a 1078 for $17800. That is very attractive pricing indeed. Thanks folks for your feedback.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode