Thinking about buying a 910 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about buying a 910

I'm not looking at the brand new models, but I like the 06/07 910s. I have heard several things about wiring problems and that makes me a little iffy.

any other issues or concerns about this year and model.

I am open to all suggestions.

I originally started looking at the Monster s4rs, but the Brutale outperforms (based on the numbers) and looks a hell of a lot better. I also looked at the speed triple, but I don't see anything special about it. I just want a very fast upright that looks good.

and under 7000

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images...es/brutale.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

that smiley didnt work
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Established Member

Welcome to the forum.
I've heard of SPU issues (400-500 dollar part, I think) and I think in general that issue is usually the root of most of the electrical issues (lights not turning off, engine not cutting off, demons possessing it...) Replace the SPU for the defective one and you should be good thereafter, but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

I have a 06 910S, love it. Haven't had any issues whatsoever.
It is wicked fast. Looks good. ...personally think its more unique than an S4R, but my opinion. Ducs are nice bikes, MVs are special.
If you haven't ridden one, would recommend it. I will say the 910S has a really catchy throttle. I unhinged the throttle spring to make it smoother and it works great. That said, its abrupt on the throttle (when I say fast, it can try to jump out from under you if you're not paying attention). It almost has its own personality. It wants to get free, get loose, let it rip... when I first got it, I wasn't sure I liked it initially b/c it was almost too anxious and high strung. About a week or so of tearing it up and getting used to the personality, LOVE IT! ...can't imagine anything else, honestly. I hear the newer ones are a bit more refined, but I haven't ridden 'em so others may be able to share the differences and advise accordingly.

My 2 cents.

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)

Last edited by MVAbrute910; 03-08-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM

It seems to be hit or miss on the electrical. I have an 06 and have had no issues. It does occasionally cut out at lights but that seems to get better with more frequent riding (the previous owner put very few miles on it), and it always fires right back up anyway. It does have a catchy throttle but there are two springs on it and removing one helps. They also tend to dribble coolant - the factory stuff sucks - regular antifreeze solved that issue for me. Finally is the rear wheel bearing issue - which I have not had but I am changing the bearing this winter as a precautionary fix (I am just over 7,500 miles now). I will say it is an absolute blast to ride - nobody else you ride with has one (for the most part) and seriously it is fairly trouble free. Every bike I have owned has some kind of quirk, you just need to be willing to deal with it.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

You own one, so thats good enough for me. I really like how you described the throttle, "when I say fast, it can try to jump out from under you if you're not paying attention"

I had an R6 and it was so boring to ride, unless I was doing 150. I sold it because I didnt want to die or go to jail, but now I still want a fun bike that can still take off when I want it too.

And you said new ones are more refined, Id rather have it like yours..haha

Thanks!
I just wanted to hear they were good dependable bikes from an owner

Can't wait to buy one!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

and I'm figured you would have bearing issues with the single side swingarm. 7500 is more than I thought you would get out of it.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 PM

no issues, 3500 miles, only tons of fun. take one out and try it. Can't wait to ride it, wish I had more opportunity, better weather. My Monster riding friends are a bit nervous on it. Tough to ride anything else now.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

I'm excited now. I cant wait to get one! I don't understand why Mv's aren't a dominate brand? They're better than Ducati.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Established Member

start saving money for tires

79 bmw r100s
82 gs1000s
82 gs1000s hog killer
02 gsxr 600
07 b4 r
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:55 PM

great time to buy, don't wait too long.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode