1090RR dealer and exhaust Q - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

1090RR dealer and exhaust Q

Hey guys, a few quick questions...

I'm in the market for a 1090RR,

1) Suggestions for dealer near NYC?
2) Suggestions for a full exhaust system (I want a short pipe)?
3) Any feedback on discount off MSRP would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Gold Coast Motorsports on Long Island is likely the closest to NYC, or see Trebour Motorcycles in Ledgewood, NJ.

Remaining 2010's are getting VERY scarce, to the point where dealers are now trading from other shops to find specifc colors for local clients. As for pricing, best to speak with the dealers to understand your best option.

Failing locating a 2010, there are said to be a modest number of 2011's coming before long. Best to speak with the dealer of your choice for direct discussion. Visit www.mvagustausa.com for list of current dealers. Good luck and enjoy shoping...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

good point on 2011's! any indications when they will be available in the US??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 AM

exhaust

Sorry skipped the reply to exhaust options. First you need the bike after all... There are two options via MV Agusta, Full Ti with carbon shortly style and a stainless twin silencer system. both come with reprogrammed ECU. Would suggest this is best route as developed by MV Agusta specifically for the 1090RR.

Regarding price, it stands to reason the deal would likely be somewhat better on a 2010 now than a scarce number of 2011's upon arrival...

2011's are not beleived to be on the water yet so minimim 30-60+ days away at best. You may need to 'pre-order' a 2011 to ensure availability to your chosen dealer and timely delivery upon arrival to the USA.

Last edited by BRUTALE!; 03-02-2011 at 10:45 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Hi,

Re the exhaust options, it's worth noting that if you are after the 'classic' Brute look, but you don't like the MV Corse 2010 end can design with the black end caps, the original pre-2010 model end can design will also fit no probs on the MV Corse Inox de-cat/de-valve manifold, which comes with with the correct replacement ECU.

IMO, the 'new' twin pipes with the black end caps don't look so nice, well not from the photos I've seen.

You can do either the Inox (stainless steel) or Ti from the older model - both are without Db-killer. I just got a pair of Stainless ones for my soon-to-be-delivered 1090 from EvolutionBike at a very good price (£325 shipped to the UK from Italy )

Andy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Prob opt for full Ti with carbon shortly style...I think the twin pipes look pretty busted.

Now to decide on waiting for 2011 models?! No dealers seem to have any indication on when/if they will arrive, or they're just keeping the info private, in attempt to dump the 2010's...although I don't think that's likely
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Established Member

Bruttogladio...you look in the sites classifieds yet? there is a sweet 2010 for sale in New Roc and it looks like a good deal. I lurk in the classifies just in case something pops formy F4 but also considering a Brutale. Good hunting...

Frank
2010 MV 1090 Brutale
2012 HD CVO Ultra
2000 HD Ultra (Sold)
2005 MV F4 (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alremc View Post
Bruttogladio...you look in the sites classifieds yet? there is a sweet 2010 for sale in New Roc and it looks like a good deal. I lurk in the classifies just in case something pops formy F4 but also considering a Brutale. Good hunting...
huh...other than the color, that's exactly what I'm looking for, mods and all. Thanks!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Might be too far away, but Steelhorse Classics (http://www.steelhorseclassics.com) in Williamsburg, VA, has one.

----
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
Brutale wannabe owner
Richmond, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode