Any updates on stalling issues? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Any updates on stalling issues?

I've had the new pipe fitted for a month now. Lovin it and I'm not sure if it's related but it's developed the stalling problem. It happens only between 1st - 2nd and back the other way and is very abrupt. It just cuts out. The bike is also running really rough at lower revs (4000 rpm & below).

I've read a couple of posts here but I was just wondering if there's any updates as it's booked in on Monday for service.

Oh yeah, I'm not really a guy. I'm a 25 year old 6 foot slim blonde girl with legs up to my chin. I'm single and very opened mined. I don't like walks on the beach or expensive gifts. My dad owns a chain of bars and I just like riding bikes.

(Now that outta get me some help here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:32 PM

I don't know anything about the stalling but i'd be happy to marry you if your interested??
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:46 PM

What kind of pipe? Did you install a chip as well? With an Arrow pipe and no chip, all the low end was gone and it ran poorly at low RPM's but no stalling. With the Moto One chip, all the poor-running symptoms are gone and throttle response is superb throughout the range. Mileage went up to the low thirties as well. FYI, the bike should be tuned after the chip but I have not yet done so...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Oh yeah, I'm not really a guy. I'm a 25 year old 6 foot slim blonde girl with legs up to my chin. I'm single and very opened mined. I don't like walks on the beach or expensive gifts. My dad owns a chain of bars and I just like riding bikes.

(Now that outta get me some help here)
I think you need a chip and/or a pc 3 with a custum map.

BTW a pic would help us fine tune the answers
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
What kind of pipe? Did you install a chip as well? With an Arrow pipe and no chip, all the low end was gone and it ran poorly at low RPM's but no stalling. With the Moto One chip, all the poor-running symptoms are gone and throttle response is superb throughout the range. Mileage went up to the low thirties as well. FYI, the bike should be tuned after the chip but I have not yet done so...
The pipe was the MV promised one that came through the NZ importer. I just called the shop and they said that they had indeed fitted the chip (Eprom?). Apparently it came with a custom map?

One thing that I don't like about the Brutale (with stock pipe and upgraded pipe) is the snappy throttle response. Some times gets a bit ugly getting the power down in corners. Would a Power Commander sort this out?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Well, I used to have the issue on an almost daily basis when coming to a stop, but I haven't had it happen for the past couple months...

I KNOW I READ SOMEWHERE it was the plugs. New plugs somehow solved it as all the stalling occurred on factory/gapped plugs. Although I didn't change my plugs, I haven't had the issue.... It's the snorkels taken out that solved the problem

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
The pipe was the MV promised one that came through the NZ importer. I just called the shop and they said that they had indeed fitted the chip (Eprom?). Apparently it came with a custom map?

One thing that I don't like about the Brutale (with stock pipe and upgraded pipe) is the snappy throttle response. Some times gets a bit ugly getting the power down in corners. Would a Power Commander sort this out?

The proper chip should do it. I'd suggest you get a hold of Brad Black at Moto One in Aus. He's got a considerable bit of info on the MV's. He may have a contact or a dealer in NZ.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 02:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
As I am playing around with these pipes/epron for a while now I sugest you lean the mixture (reduce the fuel or put more air in (with a higher flow air filter for example)).
Other thing it can help is change plugs for the iridium ones (not done it myself as was not necessary but I trust JamesC is right here).
I have the same pipes as you do and also installed the eprom from MV.
Please check the trimmer next to the eprom very carefully, slightly turning it clockwise, try to turn it just a litle bit clockwise (litle bit as to say 1mm). I know it depends on some factors but on mine the trimmer is at 45ļ angle to the lean side. remmember that this trimmer only goes 270ļ and if you try to get it more than that you better order a new BOX. Check this page where you got pictures:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/12/tu...-throttle.html

Basically what you got there is too much fuel at low revs, that is not being burned maybe because of combustion chamber design (thats the added value of the iridium plugs here) and somehow maybe for selfprotection the central box makes the bike stall.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 08:20 AM

I started having stalling problems after installing the MV Corse inox headers and midpipe on my 910s. I had AirFuel install a PCIII and map it, and it still has the problem. And I know he has had the same problem on his 910R because I witnessed it myself. At some point I know that John will find a solution (maybe a little more tweaking of the a/f as psst suggested).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Established Member

Its running to rich,

resync the tb's and reset the C0. Then enjoy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode