Fuel tank - injectors connector pipes Broken! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Fuel tank - injectors connector pipes Broken!

(Sorry for the English)

at 5000km, service said that we need to clean the air filter and i said ok lets do it. we removed the tanks bolts and just lifted the tank up smoothly like 3 - 4 cm (1 - 3 inches) i hear a liquid spilling sound and some petrol sent.. then when i looked under the tank, the pipes that connect the fuel injectors to the tank is broken from the cap... OHH MAN i was so depreessed when i saw that...

the sevice guy said i dont have any responsibility over that.. In some way he is right because we didnt lifted it too much or pulled too hard. Than i looked for the part but none existed in my country After 2 weeks of search i ve found it but it costed me 325 DAMN!!! that kind of money for a tiny little pipe and some jacks, thats not fair..

I just wonder any of u guys might know the actual price of this item. Thanks in advance.

Be Safe....
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 AM
It's best to replace the originals with metal connectors but to get you going again I think I've got a white one in the garage, if you let me know where you are in the world, I'll see how much it will cost to send if you want it, otherwise try Carl (CAG) he will probably have one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Hi "john" and thank you for your reply.. i live in Turkey and these bikes are extremely rare here so the service and spare parts are way too expensive... Thank you for the offer... For the time being i ve bought the new ones and waited 1 month for them. I hope they wont break again.. If They do i ll definitely PM you or Carl. I just wanted to find out the retail prices of these little bastards out in the other countries.
Thx again John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
For 325 Euro, I hope you got both fuel lines with all 4 connectors. Otherwise you paid way too much money.

The metal fittings to replace the broken plastic ones are $35. For 2. Shipping to Turkey is $13.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
For 325 Euro, I hope you got both fuel lines with all 4 connectors. Otherwise you paid way too much money.

The metal fittings to replace the broken plastic ones are $35. For 2. Shipping to Turkey is $13.
Yeah i get the whole set for that money.. But its still too much i ithink... ill order the metal ones next month. 35$ for 1 piece right?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni88 View Post
Hi "john" and thank you for your reply.. i live in Turkey and these bikes are extremely rare here so the service and spare parts are way too expensive... Thank you for the offer... For the time being i ve bought the new ones and waited 1 month for them. I hope they wont break again.. If They do i ll definitely PM you or Carl. I just wanted to find out the retail prices of these little bastards out in the other countries.
Thx again John.

If I were you I'd cancel that order and get the metal ones from Cag.

1) you'll pay alot less
2) You'll get a much better product
3) You'll be back on the road alot quicker

Why pay more money for an inferior product, which is going to take longer to get there and delay your riding ,when you have people on the forum who are willing to help you. I don't understand !!

joe
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by uni88 View Post
Yeah i get the whole set for that money.. But its still too much i ithink... ill order the metal ones next month. 35$ for 1 piece right?
No, $35 for both male fittings.

You can pay me $35 each if you want to because I'm a swell guy, but you don't have to.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
If I were you I'd cancel that order and get the metal ones from Cag.

1) you'll pay alot less
2) You'll get a much better product
3) You'll be back on the road alot quicker

Why pay more money for an inferior product, which is going to take longer to get there and delay your riding ,when you have people on the forum who are willing to help you. I don't understand !!

joe
Thank you.

Joe i ve ordered and installed them before i ve found this useful site sadly So its too late for me

i ve opened this topic to find out how much those pipes actually are in foreign countries. I ve searched ebay but no luck at that time while i was searching.

Now i decided to buy the metal ones in case of any other breakdown at the connectors.i will save the metal ones for spare... when the day comes ill be ready

Last edited by uni88; 02-24-2011 at 06:02 AM.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
No, $35 for both male fittings.

You can pay me $35 each if you want to because I'm a swell guy, but you don't have to.
hahah... thank you CAG you are so generous
i ll pm you for those connectors next month....
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 PM
lee

I paid $240.00US for both fuel lines with fittings. Not as bad as yours but still a rip off.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode