ventura rack for brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

ventura rack for brutale

if someone has one of the ventura racks on their bike specifically a 2010 brutale or even an older one, can you post a picture that is a closeup of the brackets and how they attach to the bike?

i see in some pics the one mounting point is at the passenger footpegs but where is the rear mounting point that is closer to the tail lights?

did you have to drill into anything or did you use a stock hole or something?

want to see if the new brutales have the same mounting points or not.

i need to see how they are attaching so that i can possibly fabricate a set for my 1090rr so that i can put a givi top box on it instead.

basically i want to put a larger top box on it and easily take it off and such and go touring on this bike. maybe its not made for it, but i'll be damned after paying all that i did for this bike not to ride the snot out of it and take it on some longer trips.

thanks.

Last edited by roadbiking; 02-21-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Established Member

I fitted a ventura to my brute when i had it, dont have any photos, but it did not mount to the footpegs, it went in through the seat unit, it was a 45 minute fit
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 AM

This is the best i can do, my bike is in storage right now. so no chance to take pics for you
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 05:05 AM

Not a great fan of the rack system, had one break on me a while back.
I went with a tank bag mounted on a spare passenger seat, carry a cowl in the bag , 2 seconds & all back to normal, recently took the brute on a 10 day trip & covered 6500klms no worries at all.
Do a search theres also a thread somewhere of a givi top box mounted the same way.

Last edited by outbackbiker; 02-21-2011 at 05:13 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

yeah i saw that pic of the ventura rack above, but not sure how the rack attaches at the back part that is the part that i'm curous about when you get it out of storage shoot of pic of how it attaches at the back or if someoen else has ti take a pic of it near the seat at the back to show how it bolts on.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:22 AM

Here you go,,
Attached Images

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

thanks, looks like at the back it just bolts right inot the grab rail part, on the new brutale there appears to be a small very small screw hole that goes in teh same place in the rear grab rail maybe i can still use taht smaller hole if they still use the same size bolt.

thanks again
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
ventura are sending me one out one sale or return to see if it fits my 990r. this weekend 25th/02/11. so if fits i will post with pics. going for the sports rack option.( because me short arse and kept kicking the tail pack so know i will struggle with full system) but your right where it goes through the grab rails is a lot smaller than pre-2010.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:24 AM

Sorry about poor quality and cleanliness but this is how it mounts on an 06 910.
The hardest part is fitting the brace that fits under the seat, once it's fitted you don't have to remove it and it is not seen.
I'm sold on the Ventura system "Spoils the lines " but is very practicle, if you are serious about touring on a bike unsupported. I've done 10 day trips no problem.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kiwidoc; 02-26-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode