12 000km service Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
12 000km service Brutale

What do they require for a 12 000km service these days on a Brutale.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Brutale 910R Hydrogen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And White bullet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:49 AM

Replacing fuel filter, oil, oil filter, cleaning the air filter, check rear hub bearings, clutch and brake fluid, spark plugs. Valve check is also recommended. If everything is normal, valves will be in factory tolerances and wouldn't need checking, but I would do it anyway.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post
Replacing fuel filter, oil, oil filter, cleaning the air filter, check rear hub bearings, clutch and brake fluid, spark plugs. Valve check is also recommended. If everything is normal, valves will be in factory tolerances and wouldn't need checking, but I would do it anyway.
So in other words, very expensive.
But how expensive?

And I will also check the valves if that is recommended.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:28 AM

i dident check the valves before 24000 km , and they where fine. my mecanic told me that there was no need to do any shimsing before 34000. But each bike may differ for all i know.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Can't answer cost perspective for you....I do my own service.

But figure maybe 4 ~5 hours labor at the going rate for your area, plus parts. Maybe 1 more hour labor if valve adjustment is required, and not just inspection.

BUT....the shop can charge anything they want, and some techs are slow, incompetent or lazy, so hours could be higher.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 AM

If I would make a suggestion...
You don't need to be a "supertechnician" to do some of the listed yourself !

Simple things like: Replacing fuel filter, oil, oil filter, cleaning the air filter, check rear hub bearings, clutch and brake fluid and the spark plugs are not very difficult to do.
You only need the time and a decent place to work. You don't need any special expensive tools at all.
All kinds of maintenance books are available on the internet.

Valve checking on the other hand... I would recommend to have this done by a mecanic.

Once you've done the simple things yourself you'll notice it's easy, cheaper and also fun to do.
Just remember the golden rule: before you take anything a part, take a good look (or photo) so you will be able to put it together again

Good luck !

Cheers,
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 09:51 AM

If you're at all mechanically inclined, have the available tools, a decent place to work on your bike (a garage), and the specs which can be found on this site even the valve adjustments can be done by you.

Take your time, prepare tools and instructions before beginning, go slow and enjoy.

Doing my own work on bikes, mowers, my trucks is very rewarding and saves tons of money.

Last edited by jethead; 02-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethead View Post
If you're at all mechanically inclined, have the available tools, a decent place to work on your bike (a garage), and the specs which can be found on this site even the valve adjustments can be done by you.

Take your time, prepare tools and instructions before beginning, go slow and enjoy.

Doing my own work on bikes, mowers, my trucks is very rewarding and saves tons of mo
ney.
Thanks for the great feedback.

I will probably get someone to carry 12000km service for me. But the next service at 18000km I'll try my self.

Can you help me with what I will need for tools. I will not go ahead without having the right tool.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 02:14 PM

For one a good torque wrench. Perhaps a set of those hose line pliers although I got good with a set of side cutters and a twist.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Well I don't yet own an MV so I don't have an exact list...

But I'd have a high quality set of T handle allen wrenches, a good set of sockets with extensions (straight and u-joint type), as stated before a torque wrench, some anti sieze goo for the new spark plug threads, plenty of shop rags and or towels to have in place for changing the brake fluid, the brake fluid will strip paint, a good set fo feeler gauges for checking the valves, hose clamp pliers, ring clamp pliers, a set of plumbers adjustable wrench for the oil filter...

Research the torque specs on this site.

Go for it, I'm serious you can do it.

Checking valve adjustments is easy, actually adjusting them is a bit scary but you can find instructions here.

Last edited by jethead; 03-06-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode