New Headlight-Success story - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Haggizbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 50
Thumbs up New Headlight-Success story

Thought I would share this wee success story with you as it’s not often you hear positive feedback from your dealer…….Last year in October, I went for a run with a colleague (for the Thistle Munchers…Strathdon, Cock Bridge up and over the Lecht to Tomintool, some great roads ). We stopped at a small café for a coffee, when we returned to the bikes we noticed that my headlight glass was cracked and broken…..! I had to remove half the glass, surprised it never fell off prior to stopping! I genuinely believe, nothing hit the headlight. I was in front all the time (Ducati behind me…J) It wasn’t a bird either, I’m sure I would have noticed that as well. When I returned back home, I had a closer look and could not see any clear signs of an object hitting the glass, or any signs of impact…….I contacted the dealer that I bought the bike from, Paul Glassup from Robinsons of Rochdale, who said he would contact MotoGB and get back to me…..A couple of weeks later, I went to the MV factory (and Milian show..) with some other proud owners of the new Brutales, some MV dealers and some Moto GB staff. I told the same story to one of the MotoGB guys and suggested there was a flaw in my headlight as I was sure nothing hit the headlight. He checked with the MV factory staff, who said no other cases concerning the headlights had been reported and said they would not replace the headlight and a new one would cost me £750…….!!! ............
In the evening, while we were having our meal…..and a few glasses of Italy’s best red….I mentioned the story to Steve Oliver, top man for MotoGB….! He said not to worry, he’ll get it sorted….

On returning back from the Milan show, I contact Paul from Robinsons, who followed up with MotoGB. I had to take some pictures of the headlight and send them off for closer inspection. As a result, I received a complete new headlight unit last night (It took 3 months, however worth the wait, plus the bike is off the road due to typical Scottish winter weather)
A big thank you to Paul from Robinsons and Steve, MotoGB Manager…….
Looking forward to some good weather now and racking up some more miles.....with a headlight....
Haggizbasher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
shake, rattle and oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggizbasher View Post
Thought I would share this wee success story with you as it’s not often you hear positive feedback from your dealer…….Last year in October, I went for a run with a colleague (for the Thistle Munchers…Strathdon, Cock Bridge up and over the Lecht to Tomintool, some great roads ). We stopped at a small café for a coffee, when we returned to the bikes we noticed that my headlight glass was cracked and broken…..! I had to remove half the glass, surprised it never fell off prior to stopping! I genuinely believe, nothing hit the headlight. I was in front all the time (Ducati behind me…J) It wasn’t a bird either, I’m sure I would have noticed that as well. When I returned back home, I had a closer look and could not see any clear signs of an object hitting the glass, or any signs of impact…….I contacted the dealer that I bought the bike from, Paul Glassup from Robinsons of Rochdale, who said he would contact MotoGB and get back to me…..A couple of weeks later, I went to the MV factory (and Milian show..) with some other proud owners of the new Brutales, some MV dealers and some Moto GB staff. I told the same story to one of the MotoGB guys and suggested there was a flaw in my headlight as I was sure nothing hit the headlight. He checked with the MV factory staff, who said no other cases concerning the headlights had been reported and said they would not replace the headlight and a new one would cost me £750…….!!! ............
In the evening, while we were having our meal…..and a few glasses of Italy’s best red….I mentioned the story to Steve Oliver, top man for MotoGB….! He said not to worry, he’ll get it sorted….

On returning back from the Milan show, I contact Paul from Robinsons, who followed up with MotoGB. I had to take some pictures of the headlight and send them off for closer inspection. As a result, I received a complete new headlight unit last night (It took 3 months, however worth the wait, plus the bike is off the road due to typical Scottish winter weather)
A big thank you to Paul from Robinsons and Steve, MotoGB Manager…….
Looking forward to some good weather now and racking up some more miles.....with a headlight....
Glad you got that sorted.

My friends Brutale glass fell out on a ride. I understand this is a design feature

The fix is a judicious application of Duct tape..I'm kidding you not. !They simply are not held in effectively. Your's probably rattled itself to bits !

I'd love to visit the MV production facility..great experience for you..

joe
gotojoe is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Haggizbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 50
Hi Joe, when we were at the factory, the MotoGB guy challenged the guy about my headlight, who point blank, said there were no faults with the headlight....If a stone or bird had hit the headlight on the ride, I would not have raised the issue....there were no signs of any stone hitting the glass either (had to take a heap of photo's as proof...!)
The Factory visit was an experience, although it only lasted about an hour. There were loads of sections they would not show us....and we were NOT aloud to take any pictures...understandable....!
Haggizbasher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggizbasher View Post
Hi Joe, when we were at the factory, the MotoGB guy challenged the guy about my headlight, who point blank, said there were no faults with the headlight....If a stone or bird had hit the headlight on the ride, I would not have raised the issue....there were no signs of any stone hitting the glass either (had to take a heap of photo's as proof...!)
The Factory visit was an experience, although it only lasted about an hour. There were loads of sections they would not show us....and we were NOT aloud to take any pictures...understandable....!
My friends headlight glass dropped out. Its a Brutale 1078 2009. He put in a warranty claim and they accepted it. It is a known issue.

I'd reccomend you to give some serious thought to protecting your glass from dropping out.

cheers

joe
gotojoe is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Haggizbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 50
Joe, trust me I have....can't find a headlight protector for a 2010 Brutale....Any suggestions...?
Haggizbasher is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggizbasher View Post
Joe, trust me I have....can't find a headlight protector for a 2010 Brutale....Any suggestions...?
Tape it in until you find a headlight protector !
gotojoe is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
pgm
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: uk
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Tape it in until you find a headlight protector !
i've done exactly that on my 1078 i also had some oxford clear paint saver that i cut out and stuck to the headlight.
pgm is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
MihaSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe
Posts: 1,661
On my Brutale, I pulled off the glass with hands, it goes of pretty easy and then put it back in place with new adhesive that is used to install mirrors on walls and alike.
MihaSLO is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Totale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Land of the Black Prince
Posts: 851
The earlier Brutes used to drop their glass at the drop of a hat but haven't seen or heard this happening on the 990/1090s - almost sounds like they are attached too well now and break the glass from stress
Totale is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Haggizbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 50
Yup....I'm pretty sure that's what happened to mine...stress...!

Any ideas for a head light protector?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Totale View Post
The earlier Brutes used to drop their glass at the drop of a hat but haven't seen or heard this happening on the 990/1090s - almost sounds like they are attached too well now and break the glass from stress
Haggizbasher is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome