What shall I get? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

What shall I get?

I know this is always a loaded question when you're in an enthusiast board but I'm just interested to see what people think.

I currently have an '05 S2R 800 and coming up to 2nd year of ownership and finishing second season.

I'm thinking about the following bikes:
S3
Brutale
Hypermotard
Daytona 675

Unfortunately, I haven't ridden any of them so I'm not sure about their relative performance/ridability.

Primarily I want a fun bike to ride in twisties, I do ride some highway miles but try to avoid it when I can. I get ~115 miles out of my S2R before the light comes on, I really want to get more than that. That means the hypermotard is probably going to fall down there. If it were available, I'd buy the Speed Triple 675 in a flash but I hear 08 and I want a new bike before then.

Any feedback? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone, I've been enjoying lurking on this board.

I've posted this question on triumphrat.net too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Established Member

brutale! butale! brutale! erm, but my light nearly always comes on before 100 miles!!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Have you don't the mod to the ECU that sorts that out? Do you just ride it like you stole it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Established Member

ride like you stole it
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to spankee
hey evilsteve....
shouldnt you be on the DML? what are you doing on this forum? heheh.
i was considering a 675 as well, you should PM DUCNHAR (deb) from the DML-she just got one last month.

well i just got very lucky and picked up an 05 750 brutale ...omg. its intoxicating!( i cant wait to be done breaking it in) so the 910's must be amazing. what a difference from my monster 620. but i do enjoy them both for different reasons.

i think CLiffs in CT is doing a demo day this month . you can probably score a test ride there.

im sure youll have fun whatever you decide-good luck!

spankee (maire)
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

ha ha

What kind of mileage to people get on the freeway? I have a 90 mile freeway ride that I do to get upstate and I'm wondering how far I'd make it.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to spankee
my idiot light goes on at right around 100 mi. i think im only getting 25 mpg

ill be looking at a midpipe and chip soon if that will help.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
Mr. Evil,
Long time no see. I've had the oppurtunity to ride quite a few bikes, and although the Brutale was not the fastest, it definitely was the most fun. It takes a little to get used to, but dont let that discourage you. Once you get adjusted, there's nothing like it. The bike is in its zone when ridden hard. Gas light comes on a little past 100-110 for me. Take one for a ride,...You'll see.

Did you move yet?

Live to Ride
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hey curi0us.

I've always loved the Brutale but I'm thinking I'd prefer the 750, probably red if I can find one. Otherwise the 910. To be honest, I think the 750 would work better for me, as would the Daytona 675 (Speed Triple 675 will be amazing when it comes out). I guess I'm concerned that I'd be getting just as far on my bike (Brutale is way more sexy though). I'm also a little concerned about the basic design getting a bit long in the tooth. People never complained about the Brutale 6 piston calipers when they first came out but now people say they're not very good?

How's your S going? Do you have a 910 too?

I haven't moved yet, we keep seeing a lot of places, just nothing that works for us. Well, we do have one application in at the moment for a place but the brokers are dodgy so we can't really count on it. :-\
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Established Member

when i bought my 750s i went out with the intention of buying a more suitable bike for commuting. it obviously isn't a commuter bike but 1 test ride on it was enough to convince me that i should have it . forget what's practical it's the best ride ever!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode