New seat - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

New seat

I got a new seat for my '04 Brutale. I went to Rich's Custom Seats (formally in Seattle but now on the Kitsap peninsula). Hard to describe how good it feels. The workmanship is remarkable.

http://www.richscustomseats.com/

here us a utube video of Rich at work on a BMW, its quite a process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMQF3XWhvQ

I got mine in December just before Christmas and was the only bike in the shop. The whole fitting process took about a hour and a half. Started at 9:00 and got the bike back at 4:00.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM

looks a bit chubby if im honest. can't doubt it looks comfortable though.

what have you done to your rear suspension? can't recal seeing a blue spring ever. what did you have fitted?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

seat/rear shock

squibby,

It does look a little chubby, you are correct. It also makes it look like a one up bike, no place for a passenger, although one would fit just as before. Rich has a good eye, the bike looks good with the new seat, just different. At a glance one can tell that it is not a cheap seat so it does the bike justice. I'll be putting 400 mile days on the thing and I wanted to still feel my tush at the end of the day. Won't be an issue. I'm 64 and comfort is higher on my list than for the younger guys (I remember those days, kinda). Also, down here (Mazatlan) I live on my bikes. I only put two tanks of gas in my car last year.

The rear shock is what was on the bike when I bought it last August. I don't recall seeing a picture of one with a blue rear shock either. Apparently it is what came on the bike. The bike is a 2004 bought new in 2007. It had 3460 miles on it when I bought it and I think I finally went over 4k when I took it in to get the seat. Just about brand new. For $5,700 I can't complain. I think the bike has a number - 1184, maybe as in the 1184th imported that year? Beyond that I cannot tell you much. Wonderful bike. I thought my BMW was nice. Now it seems like a motorized anvil. The worst thing about the goose is that it sorta ruins all other bikes for you. Worse thongs could happen, like being caught without one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode