She's ALIVE!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

She's ALIVE!!

I know you folks have seen a million of these, but I'm so stoked to have one in my shop. This gorgeous lady had an unfortunate and unplanned meeting with the back of a parked car that left her battered and broken up a bit. I just got her put together and had to share.

You might be interested in some of the non-oem parts. The headlight is not the same as the stocker, but kind of like the stocker on a diet. And it was a lot easier on the wallet.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by oldsquid; 01-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM

Is that a Suzuki Gladio headlight? Good job putting it back together, aside from the headlight and brackets you cant tell. What kind of exhaust is that? Haven't seen that one before on a brute, although I have seen a high mount that looked similar on a street triple.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.

The headlight is from Speigler. Its called "Urban". I have an account with them and got it for my Speed Triple. I mocked it up on the Brute and liked it enough to go to the effort making brackets, etc.

I didn't want to say much about the exhaust. Its one of my own. I don't want to violate the forum rules on selling stuff. Besides, at least for the moment, its not a product--its one of a kind. The bike had a dual Arrow on it, but it seemed a bit inappropriate for a guy who has an exhaust business to be riding around with someone else's product on his bike!

Last edited by oldsquid; 01-22-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

It just occurred to me that, although I have a fair number of dumb/embarrassing moves on my resume, launching a very expensive Italian work of art into a parked car isn't one of them. That stunt was performed by a "friend" of the former owner.

That "friend", whoever and where ever he is, is pretty much my hero since he facilitated me picking this baby up for a song.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 PM

Sorry but the headlight and exhaust dont do that bike any justice.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

No need to be sorry Joe. I know how loyal the MV fans are to the original designs and Italian accessories, and justifiably so.

But I do love to tinker! I'm probably a little more like the Ducati guys, but man, there's just no motorcycle on the planet as beautiful as the MV.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 AM

Hi "oldsquid"

Great job restoring the beast i love the headlight... is that rear tyre 190 or more? it seems a little different than mine.. looks much thicker or im seeing wrong??
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:34 PM

Is that a chain reaction moto exhaust? seen them on the Triumphs they look good.

There you go I mentioned it now not you

Does my bum look fast on this?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Established Member

Looks good. I was thinking about putting some of those bar end signals on my bike. Where do you have the holes drilled for the wires?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
The Dude

looks neat, nice to see something different....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode