suspension confusion - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

suspension confusion

Hope someone can help please. I'm setting up sus on the 1078 and it is literally all over the place, but my main confusion is over the high speed adjustment on the rear. The manual says to set that at "0". It is at "0" but from fully out i.e turned counter-clockwise. Now I was always under the impression that when adjusting the damping settings on motorcycle suspension (forks and shock) you always count the number of clicks from a fully seated needle valve. So, fully seat the needle valve (firmer) turn the screw clockwise until it is fully seated, then count the number of clicks out for your setting.

This seems to be the reverse as it is actually 20 odd turns out from being fully seated.

Have I missed something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM

New Site Garage
Post Read the manual

Hi Mate
How many bikes have you owned that actualy had high-speed compression damping settings. You should leave that fella well alone at OEM setting till you have everything else well and truly sorted. The manual say the "0"setting is all the way anti-clockwise, and that is the case, you missed nothing. High speed damping is the last thing to be played with once everything else work well enough to your liking.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Great info thanks Donsy.... I wonder (High Speed dampening) what it is set at when it comes out the factory?

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;

Last edited by gazman; 01-06-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Great, thanks Donsy, as long as "0" is all the way out (anti clockwise) eventhough the manual doesn't say that, it just says "0" clicks (I wonder what it would feel like reversed?!). Yeh, never had a bike with it before.

It was a dog's breakfast though e.g. front preload was 6.5 turns out on the left, 3 turns on the right! Compression was 18, rebound was 16 etc etc. Anyway, I've done all the sags (the rear was way soft) and will set settings to specs and then tweak from there.

Thanks again!

Last edited by brutale4me; 01-06-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode