Brutale and 6'2" rider? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Brutale and 6'2" rider?

Wondering if I could get some feedback from taller riders for the Brutale. Some of the reviews mention that the bike might be a bit small for taller riders. I am 6' 2"/200lbs and wonder how comfortable or uncomfortable the pre 2010 model Brutales might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 PM

I'm 6'3" and 94kgs, so you're not far off me.

So far I've had no complaints on the bike, in fact I find it a bit easier on the back and bum than my '08 GSXR 750.

I've recently fitted aftermarket rearsets, and with my big hoofs, I set them as far back from the levers as possible. This has folded up my legs a bit more than the stock pegs, and is probably not that necessary, so will be moving them lower and a bit more forward this weekend to give me a bit more leg room.

I would recommend the rearsets, as at your height, you've probably got big feet as well, and the stock pegs only really accommodate about half your foot.

Other than that, you will "look" a little more cramped than other smaller riders, but I doubt you'd find it uncomfortable. Your knees will sit a bit more forward than a smaller rider also, but with the absence of any fairings, there is nothing for your knees to rub against, so no discomfort there either.

Only other recommendation would be tank grips if you're intending doing track days, or quick road rides. They really help position you on the bike so you can place your weight where you want it.

I'm a rider
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I'm 6'2" and i'm pretty used to the 'leg room' from the brutale and the F4. It might feel different vs. what you might be used to prior. Definitely just go test ride one! I can do hundreds of miles on the brutale and feel fine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies so far. I will demo both a 2009 and 2010 Brutale tomorrow. I hope to demo a 2006 F4 this weekend which is for sale at a very good price. My current ride is a Ducati 851 which can be a torture rack on long rides but makes such sweet music to the ears.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 PM

pic from this weekend to show how I fit
Attached Images

I'm a rider
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Established Member

I'm over 6'2" (I think - 190cm = + 6'2"?) & 82kg. I have no problems on the 1078 other than pegs (but that's just the rh one as exhaust cover stops me getting my boot in the right position on the peg. Fixed it by putting in 20mm spacers that pack out the rearset (not worried about the slight loss of lean angle, at least not on the road anyway). A good set of rearsets would be the way to go though.

I'd be surprised if you found it uncomfortable. My bro is even taller than me, and pushing over 100kg, and he loves it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 AM

New Site Garage
Hahhaa

I am 6'2 ish and was 300lb, and still fitted.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 PM

size

I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs. with a 34" inseam. That is doable but I'm not sure if anyone any larger would fit well. Its a small bike. You might fit an aftermarket rear set would let you stretch out a bit more. J& P sells a Lightech set for $220 that I'm considering, fixed pegs no levers.

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=607
Attached Images

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM

New Site Garage
No problem for me either. I'm 192cm tall and weighs approximately 110kg. I feel less tired in the legs on the brutale than on my old Kawa zx6r even if the seat is a bit thinner.

A Brutare is no Turing bike, but you will not be disappointed. You will not feel tired, just happy for a really fun machine.

Run out and buy it.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
I am 6'2 ish and was 300lb, and still fitted.
jesus Donsy, congrats on the weight loss. You were a pretty big boy.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode