920 Brutale (Dark) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

920 Brutale (Dark)

A cheaper Brutale as a 920 and a dark? Really? Can't say I'm excited about MV doing the "dark" thing like Ducati; seems like they're copying. Article says "entry level"... "most manageable engine ever"...
The Seat is a 1 pc seat? Indicators aren't in the mirrors. You have 2 different engine maps to flip between...
Forks have more dampening for less experienced riders? Did I mention its only 920cc and less hp than my 910? ...course I'm under no delusions that I can use it all anyway. ...but still!

Article says 11,999 Euro and by my calculation (thanks to google) translates 15.8K USD. Isn't that roughly the price of the 990R, or is this replacing it? Anyone know? The bike feels like a big step backward for the price just at face value, but maybe its just me.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...a-brutale-920/

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)

Last edited by MVAbrute910; 12-21-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 08:31 AM

I saw the article, monkey see monkey do. I like matt black bikes. I think it looks nice and is a good a idea to make an entry level bike. That price is for the EU market. The US market sells them cheaper. What if they bring the brutale triple out too. What is going to happen? too many brutales.

Last edited by yabo0569; 12-21-2010 at 08:35 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 08:33 AM

It is not going to be 15.8k $, you can not convert it that way, it will be way cheaper in US. Calcualte your own percentage between this and 1090 you will get the idea.

This bike doesn't replace any Brutale, it's just a new entry level bike, that's all. And where do you read Dark? It will be called Brutale 920. And it will be white too.

I think this is a good move for the company, to attract more buyers. New Kawa Z1000SX costs over 11k € in my country, but in other country it is much more expensive, even more than this 920 will be. Maybe more Europe buyers will buy Europe bikes? I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 AM

remember this is a great way for mv to get a fan base of new riders, right now all their bikes with the cheapest being 15k is not that attainable by everyone at least not enought people to keep afloat well financially as they go bankrupt every 8 years or so.

also so many people mod the heck out of their brutales or such that making a cheaper version isn't that bad, its only what a 6hp loss or something under the 990? spend the money you saved on carbon or a full ti exhaust that is what they are going for now, ducati figured that out years ago and it works, people buy the dark or entry level models and they then actually race or mod them to cost literally thousands more and the company makes a huge profit on it, that can't be bad for the health of the company you like.

also i noticed that they said the seat is not only lower but narrower, wonder if that 1 piece lower seat will fit on the other new 2010 models in other words i see them taking back that extra 1 inch they raised the new brutales, thus again it means they can sell a "lower seat height" aftermarket mod to all the people like me that want a slightly lower brutale but don't want to mess with suspension.

don't worry them having a 920 will not "devalue" your 990 or 910, you will still have "the better" bike overall and be able to tell that everyone you know if you need to do that. and they are not making the bike so cheap that its going to become common, its not 8k yet. and i personally don't see a 3 cylinder brutale for at least 3-4 years coming out.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Some pictures

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:10 AM

So I see that they solved the rear seat flying off problem.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 AM

New Site Garage
http://www.motoblog.it/post/27522/mv...ed-per-il-2011

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAbrute910 View Post
Did I mention its only 920cc and less hp than my 910? ...course I'm under no delusions that I can use it all anyway. ...but still!
129CV

THE BRUTALE LINE EXPANDS
The MV Agusta model line-up is expanding with the introduction of the new BRUTALE and the 920
engine. This incredible naked has enamored the motorcycle world with its unique design that has
been to date unequaled. Ever since its introduction the BRUTALE has continued to be the leader in
both design and performance. With the launching of the new BRUTALE, the most beautiful and
powerful naked is now within reach of an even larger number of riders whom have always dreamed of
experiencing the emotions only the BRUTALE can deliver. A new engine, new chassis settings, a onepiece
seat design with a focus on comfort, the BRUTALE offers a new interpretation of a high
performance naked. A motorcycle that offers aggressive styling and raw performance matched with an
intuitive chassis. A Brutale that is always incredible easy to ride and has never been this comfortable
and intuitive.
On a cost per performance basis, the BRUTALE is without a doubt the new reference in the naked
sport category. A technologically advanced 4 cylinder engine with radial intake and exhaust valves
coupled with the same advanced engine control unit as the 1090RR together with one of the most
evolved chassis’s the BRUTALE is able to easily tame even the most demanding roads and racetracks.
This advanced performance is also coupled with a new look, with the color black dominating the new
styling of the radiator shrouds and seat. But, looks are not everything and a major focus was also
placed on rider comfort with a re-designed single seat that improves both rider and passenger
comfort during every day use.
The BRUTALE project continues to remain faithful to the original objectives, MV wanted to build the
most compact and light weight naked coupled with a superbike chassis together with raw engine
performance that would enamor even the most demanding motorcyclist.
The principle characteristics of the new BRUTALE are:
• Four cylinder engine with radial valves
• Magneti Marelli 5SM engine control module
• Traction control with 8 levels of intervention
• Tubular steel frame coupled with aluminum side plates for maximum torsional rigidity
• Single sided swingarm with a adjustable Sachs rear shock
• Marzocchi upside down 50mm adjustable front forks
• Brembo racing radial calipers
• New single piece seat that is both lower and narrower
THE DESIGN
The new BRUTALE is without a doubt Brutale, but at the same time this is a new interpretation of
the most admired naked in the world. The attention to detail is what makes this new model different
and even easier to use in everyday riding. The single piece seat is both more comfortable for the rider
as well as the passenger, the turn signals are no longer integrated into the mirrors but have been
placed in a position for better visibility during city traffic, the suspension is now softer and more
comfortable. A Brutale that is easier to use than ever before but with the same maniacal attention to
detail that one has come to expect from MV Agusta. Just one look at the tubular steel frame, the
anodized handlebars with pivoting clamps, the pure form of design of the shift and brake levers, the
single sided swingarm and unique wheels and it clear why the Brutale is the most beautiful naked in
the world.
The two available color schemes are black and white. The single sided swingarm along with the
unmistakable styling make this new BRUTALE unique. A masterpiece of Italian Design, the attention
to detail and monochromatic color schemes helps to highlight the technical details like the over-under
side mounted exhaust and the original MV Agusta frame design integrating tubular steel and aluminum
side plates.
THE ENGINE
The 4 cylinder 16 radial valve MV Agusta engine has reached a new level of evolution and technology.
The 921cc, a new engine displacement for Brutale, finds the perfect balance between power and
drivability. The new displacement of the legendary 4 cylinder is obtained with a new bore and stroke
ratio with a focus on optimizing the power curve of the BRUTALE to be even more manageable while
at the same time offering the class leading power. The new four cylinder MV Agusta matches 129
horsepower with a broad torque curve, incredible levels of power have never been this easy to
control. The crankshaft of the BRUTALE is shared with the 55mm stroke unit in the 1090RR as well
as the 2nd order engine balance shaft and the optimized oiling system and the oil cooled generator.
The BRUTALE has a number of dedicated engine components including the new cylinder block and
73mm pistons as well as a cooling system with the radiator catch tank which is now at the same
pressure as the atmosphere helping to keep the engine temperature under control even in the most
extreme track or city driving conditions. The intake system breaths through a bank of 46mm Mikuni
throttle bodies working together with the hyper sophisticated engine management system. The
Magneti Marelli 5SM ecu controls the fuel injection, ignition and the various maps. The double engine
map (Normal and Sport) allows the rider to tune the engine management system to the conditions
and coupled with 8 position variable traction control the BRUTALE can be ridden to the limit while
always remaining under control.
THE CHASSIS
The BRUTALE shares its chassis configuration and geometry with the 990R and 1090RR as well as
most of the chassis components. The frame is a mixture of a steel trellis structure and lateral
aluminum plates that has become the trademark of MV Agusta since the first application on the F4, a
frame structure that has been continually copied but never equaled by other manufacturers. The
chassis dimensions are the same as on the other Brutale models offering a perfect dynamic balance
and a precise response to rider inputs. With a 1430 mm wheelbase, 25° steering head angle and 103,5
mm of trail the new BRUTALE offers without a doubt the best balance of agility and stability. A
technical feature the new BRUTALE is a new steering head which offers optimized rigidity for this
type of naked which will without a doubt become the new reference for easy handling. Coupled with
the revised steering head design is new suspension valving which is both softer and smoother to give
the maximum amount of feedback even to less experienced riders. But, make no mistakes, the new
BRUTALE is still Brutale, thanks to the infinite amount of tuning possible with the 50 mm Marzocchi
USD front forks and Sachs mono shock. With just a few clicks you can easily transform the BRUTALE
into a track weapon. BRUTALE is also known for its agility: coupled with the new Pirelli Angel tires
the feedback from the tarmac is always immediate and the 180/55 section rear tire aids in putting
down the 129 horsepower from the MV 4 cylinder engine. Performance of a supersport and handle of
a middleweight, the new BRUTALE from MV Agusta continues to redefine the naked sportbike
segment.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

Last edited by hb88xx; 12-21-2010 at 11:00 AM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamb View Post
+1
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamb View Post
and I thought I was the only one whos rear seat flew up on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode