Dream come true!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Dream come true!!!

Howdy all! I'm new here and could use a little kindly direction. Here's why:

I was puttering around on Craigslist last week, and for some reason decided to search "Brutale". One ad pops up: Slightly damaged 06 910 Brutale....(wait for it...)....$4000. NO WAY! Gotta be a misprint. Long story short--no misprint. The owner unwisely let a "friend" try it. Said friend launched the Brute about 20' straight into the back of a parked car. Headlight and bracket, front brake lever, front fender, throttle cables, right side of radiator and shrouds, misc. other little bits smashed. He'd already purchased some of the stuff on Ebay for repairs. Oh yeah, 10,000 miles on her.

So we haggle a bit, and I hand him $3700 and she is now sitting in my shop oozing sex appeal in spite of her current disheveled state.

I make my living building exhausts for Triumph Speed and Street Triples, and a couple Ducs. (www.chainreactionmoto.com) I've owned a Speed Triple since 05 (mine is the yellow one with the checkers if you look at the site) and LOVE that bike.

However, there has never been any doubt in my mind that the Brutale is--without question or debate, hands down--the most beautiful motorcycle EVER! I've lusted after one from the first moment I laid eyes on it. Sadly, my accountant, to whom I've been married for 31 years, and who--to her credit--has kept me out of debtor's prison all those years, failed to share my appreciation.

But now she is MINE!! I was hoping for a little direction from you folks on the best places to pick up parts. The fender and headlight are probably the biggest items. I read the thread on the headlight from Barracuda. I somewhat share the view that it should be kept original, but holy poo, its twice the cost. I saw a used one on Ebay and it was as much as the Barracuda at full retail, and I can probably get the Barracuda for some sort of dealer price.

I've rambled enough--just sooooo happy to be on an MV!!!!

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

oldsquid

PS Anyone want to buy a VERY trick Speed Triple?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode