Electrical Gremlins, revisited - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Angry Electrical Gremlins, revisited

Well, I contacted my dealer and he was aware of the problem, told me to jiggle away (we need a jiggle smiley) with the wires and he would have a look at my next service. The intermitent turn signal is now completley gone, doesnt work at all. The headlight is now fine, took the bike up past 8k and it seems alright.

I was a bit disappointed to find a loose piece of unidentifiable plastic rattling around inside the headlight. Also, not one of the connectors that I removed and cleaned had any dielectric grease on them, which I thought was very strange. After cleaning the terminals I dropped a good dallop on everything and back together it went. After reading some of the troubles that people had with things not functioning after giving the bike a bath, I wonder if this has anything to do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

No one has anything to say about this at all? Thats suprising.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 09:14 PM

Thanks for posting. I am having some weird electrical problems my self and I'm always reading any post that have anything to do with electrical issues. Mybe I could fine a common symptom. So I will be watching your thread and wishing the best for your bike. My fans wont come on, Checked the fuse, replaced the relay, check the thermo switch, checked for open or short circuts in the wires. Changed the chip..... nothing. Fans still wont come on. The fans come on when I put 12V to it so I know they work. But anyway..... good luck with your bike. I'm sure it will get worked out. I ride my bike hard and this is the first problem I'v had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 PM

My speedo hasn't worked for a while but the dealer fixed it it was a bad wire (broken) near the headlight, funny thing it worked when i threw a bucket of warm water over the clip ons, dash etc.

But hey!! now I have a speedo again!

When I lifted the seat I also saw a zip tie that had been cut!!! around the area of the computer map box, my bike was a demo and it certainly has had some history before I got it but otherwise no other problems. Good luck with yours Some Guy!!!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Established Member

HI What grease did you use on the connectors. In the past I alwyas used to fill the back of all the connectors with bath sealant as those open type connectors are rubbish. I have not yet done it on the brut and putting grease in first would be good.

John
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by john348
HI What grease did you use on the connectors. In the past I alwyas used to fill the back of all the connectors with bath sealant as those open type connectors are rubbish. I have not yet done it on the brut and putting grease in first would be good.

John

I just used regular dielectric grease, its made by permatex, you can get it in any automotive store and most hardware stores too.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
SPY

My bike is still having problems.. still in the shop.. waiting to hear back tomorrow.. Had exact same issue of High beam flashing on after 6-7 rpm..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPY
My bike is still having problems.. still in the shop.. waiting to hear back tomorrow.. Had exact same issue of High beam flashing on after 6-7 rpm..

I had the opposite problem for a couple of days after getting my new 910. With my high beems on they would turn to low beam, I would switch it back to low and back to high to get them back (no problems comming back). this was during the first 200 miles. I'm at about 300 right now and it hasn't happened in a while...keeping my fingers crossed.

Hmmm...come to think about it. I had the problem before I removed the headlight a number of times to install my Datatool Gear indicator....maybe I "fixed" it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPY

I talked with Scott at Gold Coast, said they had a Brutale waiting on a wiring harness to solve that exact same issue, is it yours?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode