Abused & ill treated brutale finds new home - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Abused & ill treated brutale finds new home

Firstly hello everyone, as you can see this is my first post so here goes.
About 3 weeks ago i bought my wife a 750 brutale,the seller assured me the bike was genuine and in good condition apart from a dent to the left header pipe which came from a misshap when loading into a van. We traveled 250 miles to view the bike, when we arrived i couldnt believe my eyes there wasnt a good bit in sight. The guy had only owned her since february but had used her in wet and salty conditions and never washed her the bike was bought from a uk dealer and i was told was in mint condition when he took delivery, i felt very sorry for her and could see potential although there was alot of work to be done and money to be spent, after haggleing the already low asking price the deal was done and i relieved him of his brutale and vowed to save her life

I rode her home the 250 miles and she never missed a beat, my currant ride is a k5 1000 and i have got to say i was very impressed i set about the work to make her great again closely over seen by my wife, we striped the compleate front and rear ends replacing fork seals, wheel bearings, pads, chain, rear disc, we have had to replace every bolt because of the salt damage, the radiator grill was red with corrosion the rear sprocket was pited, we removed the scot oiler fitted by the previous owner which had splatted oil just about everwhere we fitted new tyres, link pipe, carbon bits include clock housing, hugger, front fender, key surround and on order we have tail piece gold mesh, heel plates, lower chain guard and clock surround, we are still looking for some header pipes to finish her if there is anybody out there with any for sale let us know. More good news i have ordered a brand new f4 1000 in black but im going to wait until the 07 reg comes out in march, i know how could i wait that long but we have a horrible winter to get out of the way and i like a challenge. sorry i will post some pics of the brutale nearly back to her former glory tomorrow as my pic res is to high to upload sorry again and i would just like to say thanks to geoff at emoto for all his help.

Last edited by ste a; 09-24-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Star man.... nice to see a doctor in the house...........

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Ive got some brand new arrow header pipes......Ill sell em to you if your interested. PM me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Let me know how much, and will they fit to the emoto link pipe i will have to convert from dollars to pounds, are they steel or ti cheers ste

Last edited by ste a; 09-24-2006 at 04:28 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 04:49 PM

they are steel and will fit the midpipe, as they are the exact same length as the stock system.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:38 PM

Major props to you for saving her. Now post before and after pics.

Your wife should be a happy camper.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

sounds like what we are looking for we need to sort out price and shiping
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Brutale pics

Here are the pics of my wifes brutale sorry about the wait
Attached Images

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 PM

Hi, I have a F41000r mono in black for sale. 1-07-06 330 miles, totaly as new, see MCN. Peter 07774 166341 Surrey UK.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 02:25 PM

I've always been a bit dubious about bikes fitted with Scott-Oilers. I know many people hold them in high regard, but I wonder: if they're going to fit something that saves you what 5 minutes of maintenance every few hundred miles, then what other regular maintenance and general upkeep are they likely to avoid?

Si

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode