MV Agusta Forum banner

pic of 910R Exhaust cans

6K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  BigBird 
#1 ·
For some reason having problems getting the pics on the site. If the pics don't come through, it say RBrutale in large letters on the top can and a small MV Corse on the bottom. They baffles don't look any more open than stock like the Ti ones. I did remember reading some of you did not get end cans with your headers/mid pipes. The weight loss is substanstial but I don't have a scale to weight them back to back. Many lbs including the cans. It runs no where as smooth as stock even with the eprom. Needs airfuel's magic to do that. My 910 with just a half pipe ran smoother with just an eprom than this full system. I threw in a BMC filter in there while I had it apart and man does it sound sweet. If your neighbors where cursing you before, they will be sticking pins in leather clad voodoo dolls of you now. Any one that wants to swap their fuel tight gas tank for my leaky one can get have my cans ......

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I didnt get cans,they look good love to hear them against my stock cans with new headers and midpipe ect.I find mine not running as smooth as before very hard to ride in traffic now just wants to go,like a pit bull dog on a lead.Iam getting used to the bubling and popping on throttle shut down sounds quite good,people tell me its fine and others say its fuel air mix is wrong.

#6 ·
It really is about getting the Power Commander and a knowlegable dyno tech to run it on. I have ridden a 750 with a full Ti system tuned that way and it is oh so sweet. Yes heno, mine too sucks putting along but nice at full song.

#7 ·
Here is some more info.
Stock silencers weigh 10-1/4 pounds.
Aftermarket steel pipes weigh 8 pounds. (same as entire Ti system)

Exhaust outlet Stock and aftermarket 1-1/4 inches (31mm)
Ti system outlet 1-1/2 inches (39mm)

Lafranconi makes the silencers, Arrow makes the headers and midpipe.

I know Mv corse (Japan) makes the ti system, do they also make MV's steel system??

Attachments

#12 ·
Airfuel with the facts, I love it. Will be calling you for an appt on your dyno next week.
It finally dried out enough here so I could ride WFO through the gears. I threw in a BMC filter while I had it apart for the chip install. The chip is pretty spot on for the stock settings with no flat spots or holes in the powerband. Of course, it has lost some of its fruity bottom end torque for top end rush but hopefully that can be sorted out by airfuel and a PC. I swore up and down that I would not change the standard pipes as I did not want to lose the bottom end as I have with a dozen bikes including my old 910 but being the junkie that I am I couldn't resist the shiny new parts. Not to mention getting rid of the god ugly CAT.No popping on trailing throttle though as on Henno's.
Here are some pics of the pipe from the side and back.

Attachments

#16 ·
Thanks guys. It really is a blast to ride, beautiful to stare at and the sickest ride I have ever owned in twenty plus years. I always wear full leathers riding but I had retired my back protector since my racing days. The thing is so wild that I am back wearing it every time out. It makes my scary full on Vertemati Supermoto seem like a moped.

#18 ·
Yeah Steve, Satos with emoto carbon heel guards for stock pegs. I have a seriously torn up right foot from a motocross accident so it does not turn in enough to fit on the stock pegs. I hated the stock ones anyways and found them too slippery, enough to take a grinder to them to make the surface more coarse which helped some. The Satos are great, the shifter linkage is a bit sloppy so I run stock. A friend crashed my old 910 that had Satos on as well and you can't believe how much that non folding peg helped in preventing more damage to the bike.

#21 ·
BruteAli said:
The whole system was supplied by MV for the 910R included in the cost of purchase. It was supposed to come with the bike but arrived many months later.
We in Europe did not get silencers. :banghead: :mad: :bawling:
Those R Brutale silencers was awsom and I would love them on my bike.
It's stainless steel I assume? Did you really get those MV Corse R Brutale silencers with the bike???

Man, that MV Agusta's exhaust planning sucks! :ahhh:

#22 ·
I installed my bits today, finally received it! - just picked them up today and it took around 2 hours to install headers, midpipe, and cans. I didn't replace the eprom because I didn't want to deal with the fuel tank. It runs great - probably too lean, but it works! Hasn't seem to have lost the low end others talk about, maybe this is caused by the eprom?

The sound is incredible! Maybe 30% louder, but has a real "ferrarri" rasp to it now. Feels faster too, but probably my imagination.

#23 ·
hoovdini said:
I installed my bits today, finally received it! - just picked them up today and it took around 2 hours to install headers, midpipe, and cans. I didn't replace the eprom because I didn't want to deal with the fuel tank. It runs great - probably too lean, but it works! Hasn't seem to have lost the low end others talk about, maybe this is caused by the eprom?

The sound is incredible! Maybe 30% louder, but has a real "ferrarri" rasp to it now. Feels faster too, but probably my imagination.
Mine lost low revs and when you change gear below 5000revs seems to aply much more engine break... dont know why so but strongly beleive that if I aply the new eprom this will be reduced.

I havent receive any cans with mine also, maybe in Europe MV doesnt offer them!!!

#25 ·
We in Italy like in Europe are waiting for iron pipes with eprom but MV doesn't supply the silencer in Europe..why????Someone has recieved the pipes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.