990r and 1090r traction control - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

990r and 1090r traction control

has anyone that has either of the bikes noticed when they pushed it the traction control actually kick in?

almost all the magazine reviews seem to say they never noticed the TC kicking in either bc they weren't riding it hard enough or it was too subtle or it wasn't doing anything.

what is everyone's take on how it works?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Established Member

I had it come in the same night I picked it up from the dealer, I came round a bend into gravel and if it hadn't been there I'm certain I would have been in the ditch.

Saying that, it is the only time I have noticed it. I wouldn't think the bike magazines would be willing to push it enough to trigger it because at that point you'd be very very close to crashing it. I don't think the journo would appreciate the extra paperwork for crashing a loan bike either
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Established Member

Have never noticed mine coming on , do you get a light come on like in the car ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Also, how high do you have the TC setting on? On the highest setting I imagine it would come on pretty often in the twisties.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1968 View Post
Have never noticed mine coming on , do you get a light come on like in the car ?
I was to busy shitting myself chief, and praying to the gods that I didn't crash my brand new 1090, I had not long wrote off a GSXR 750 limited eddition.

I think there was a yellow light flashing on the dash but which I'm unsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Also, how high do you have the TC setting on? On the highest setting I imagine it would come on pretty often in the twisties.
I haven't checked mate, so it's just what has been set by dealer / factory
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Established Member

Traction control

O-mac, Im having difficulty in understanding why you may believe the Traction Control on your bike functioned when you "came round a bend into gravel and if it hadn't been there I'm certain I would have been in the ditch."

Traction control on a Brutale works by looking at a phonic wheel inside the engine and reduces engine power when it "sees" wheel spin under hard acceleration.

If I understand your comments and reactions, you saw gravel on approaching a turn; unless I am mistaken, you did not go into full throttle acceleration, but either maintained a constant throttle or the more common response, slightly diminished throttle to maintain an even speed thru the turn.

As supplied, Brutale's are in setting #8 (Sport), and traction control would not be expected to engaged in either of the two conditions described in the paragraph above.

Am I missing something?

best wishes,
Dick

PS: attached is a quotation from a road test posted 02 Oct 2009 at motorcycle.com, and a shoter comment from a tester at sporttouring.us from a July 2010 test on a 1090RR.
Attached Images

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Established Member

I came round a Bend and the gravel wasn't in view until the bike was on it's side mid bend right on the line is where the gravel was. I like to chase the vanishing point so I usually accelerate round bends. Now when I hit the gravel it felt like the performance of the bike blipped Just as I started to feel the back step out. I have always thought that was the traction control kicking in and wish it kicked in before I shat myself.

If the wheel spins out the crank speed would increase sharply even on neutral or constant throttle, thats how I thought it must have been the TC kicking in.

I maybe wrong, I maybe not? But that's how I seen it
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Established Member

Does the 990 have tc , or is it only on 1090 ?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Does the 990 have tc , or is it only on 1090 ?
I think it's only the 1090
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mac View Post
I think it's only the 1090
its on both

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode