The real Arrow deal? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

The real Arrow deal?

So after having my '08 910R just over a year I finally decided to go with an exhaust, and the Arrow Thunder it is. Now from everything I have read I have to replace the full exhaust, so Arrow headers make the most sense to me. I decided to call the guys at Motivation because they have been great and I have ordered several things from them. I called up and asked the guys at Motivation what all I need if I put the full exhaust on an '08 910R and they told me I didn't have to do anything. I asked about the ECU and the guy told me to just put a power commander on it? At that point I ended the call a bit abruptly and decided I needed to do some more research..... So researching I am.... Ok research team, what do I really need to replace, add, change, remove if I put a full exhaust (the only exhaust I can put on right?) on my 2008 Brutale 910R?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM

Welcome to the site Vader.
I had full Arrow - headers, decat midpipe and twin ti cans fitted to my 08 910R last month. As it was running quite rough, the boys tried to fit a PC but it proved not compatible with the Euro3 ECU. So I rode the bike with the stock ECU for a couple of weeks and ordered a Microtech ECU from Chris at XBikes. It arrived last Monday and is being fitted and tuned on the dyno as we speak.
I also found that the noise of the Arrow cans with db killer out, while not obnoxious to the public, was quite irritating to me, specially around 3-4000revs. So, this morning we fitted the db killers after chopping most of their lengths. I was quite pleased with the result, loud enough but no longer irritating. I'll post more when the job is done and I've had a chance to ride the bike long enough.
Cheers.
Michel

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Hey Mick,
where is your bike for dyno testing and who is fitting the ECU? I quite fancy a go on yours to see how it compares to mine once it is all done.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Where is your bike for dyno testing and who is fitting the ECU?

I dropped it at Motorcycle Weaponry this morning. Steve Cuttings is handling it.

I also got an MWR air filter from Chris at Xbikes who reckons they're the ants' pants.

I quite fancy a go on yours to see how it compares to mine once it is all done.

No worries, but not before a couple of weeks as I'm away o/s on biz all of next week.
Now that you're used to the ohlins, you might find the ride on mine not so plush.

Btw, I was chatting to Richard a while ago while stopped at a red light. The three of us actually met in 2006 at Warriors. You had just got your 910 and I was on my old black 750 which refused to start until you pointed out it was in gear though the neutral light was showing.
Cheers.
Michel

Now riding KTM 1290SA; previously BMW K1200R, Brute 910R, Brute750S, BMWR1150GS, Honda VFR800, YamahaXJ650, Honda400/4, HondaCB360 and more
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 PM

Hey michel,
yes i remeber now i come to think of it, gotta luv these MV's eh?? Sweet as soon as your back we'll have to sort a ride and get Rich out as well havent seen him in ages, couldnt go to his BBQ as i was away in Qld which sucked a bit but didnt have a choice.

James
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Sorry Vader in hijacking your thread!!

james
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 AM

My bike is currently at Motorcycle Weaponry having the full Arrow Thunder System installed as well. Will let you know how it goes once I pick it up.

I'm a rider
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney 910R View Post
Sorry Vader in hijacking your thread!!

james
It's fine, I just want to make sure I get the real deal before I go off ordering everything!

Mr Wryt, hope all goes well, and I look forward to reading about it!

thanks
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 AM

I have just put just arrow silencers on from the collector box back on my 08 910s. I just wanted the noise and a bit more punch and couldn't afford to go the whole way to the engine. I bought them from motovation as they were half the price that they are here and the service was great. They went on pretty easily, I already had a PC fitted and I'm very happy with the result. Nice sound without attracting too much attention from the police and has given it a nice bit of power as well
e
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
If you just replace the mufflers with Arrow slip-ons the ECU will be OK (a bit lean with teh dB killers removed, though)....If you do the full system or go with the single "Thunder" muffler you will need a new ECU....either the MV Corse kit or a Microtech.

Power Commander III is not compatible (I tried)...but the new PC V may be. No listing for MV from DynoJet, however.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode