question/comparison - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

question/comparison

hey guys!
ive been riding bikes for several years. ive owned all kinds of sportbikes, cruisers, etc...
i have back problems and cant do the repli racers anymore.
this winter i think i am going to pick up a triumph rocket roadster.
i currently ride a buell 1125cr. the 1125 leans me too far forward and hurts my back. (i have some back problems and im 44, just for reference)
i checked out a brutale 1090 and fell in love with it. i sat on it and the riding position is seems quite comfortable.
i hope to pick one up next summer after i get the rocket.
my question is this.....
specs wise, the brutale is pretty similar to the 1125. (146hp and 80 some tq at the crank) performance wise i think theyre pretty close. so what driving characteristics could one expect?
can anyone compare the two as far as performance, speed, acceleration, handling, etc?
just looking for feedback and i love the 1090.
thank guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 01:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Will be curious to hear about how it compares in performance from someone who knows/has the experience. Honestly, if my brute compares to a buell 1125, I am selling it and taking up backgammon.

Just sayin'

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
Will be curious to hear about how it compares in performance from someone who knows/has the experience. Honestly, if my brute compares to a buell 1125, I am selling it and taking up backgammon.

Just sayin'
performance specs wise, hp, tq, and weight, theyre pretty similar on paper.
looks wise, fit and finish, sound, etc, theyre very different. here is where i know the buell doesnt hold a candle to the MV.
not to mention one is a 4 and the other is a twin.

obviously i am not attracted to the 1090 on performance alone. i think its a bad a$$ looking bike and i like the seating position. i also like it because its different. if i was looking for the fastest bike out there, i suppose i would be looking at the bmw 1000r. id probably never ride it for more than 20 minutes though because thats when my back would start hurting.

dont be surprised if the 1125 is pretty comparable performance wise to a brutale, but dont forget there is more to a machine than performance numbers.
dont be so hasty to take up backgammon based on an 1125's performance. the 1125s rip.

you have a beautiful bike, btw.

Last edited by evomind; 10-21-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode