Rationalize - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Rationalize

I'm new to this forum. I'm a moto-nut and a confirmed Italio-phile. I've been riding since my teens and have always lusted for Ducati's. My budget dictated that I always roadraced Suzuki's. My roadracing days ended a few years ago.

Currently my wife and I ride new Moto Guzzi Brevas, but I still have the need for speed and the exotic Italian stuff. I've been looking at the Ducati Sport Classics and Monsters, but yesterday I saw the Brutale 910R and last night I was barely been able to sleep.

I know this is asking the fans about the home team, but tell me - am I nuts to deplete my finances on a 910R? It'll be a second bike, one to ride when I'm feeling sporty - the Breva 1100 is my practical bike (if an Italian bike can be called practical).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Established Member

I know this is asking the fans about the home team, but tell me - am I nuts to deplete my finances on a 910R? It'll be a second bike, one to ride when I'm feeling sporty - the Breva 1100 is my practical bike (if an Italian bike can be called practical).[/QUOTE]

No. Make it happen. You will not regret it. And you will get some sleep.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 PM

You raise a common question, but for me, all rationality goes out the window when its concerning motorcycles. There is nothing rational about owning a second bike, unless one of the two is always broken. This is about having fun, the real question is can you deprive your thirst for fun by NOT buying this motorcycle? Here's a suggestion, if you really dont want to spend the money, DO NOT TEST RIDE A BRUTALE, because if you do, its all over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 PM

Here's how I rationalize it. Motorcycling may end my life. I may die doing this. So, if I'm going to risk my life riding a motorcycle, which one will it be. That narrows my choice to a very few motorcycles
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 10:10 PM

Funny, you have a Breva 1100 and want a Brutale, I have a Brutale and want a Breva 1100. AirFuel and Matty will tell you, I was drooling over that bike at the IMOC ralley two weeks ago. I want to go for relaxing laid back rides occasionally, and I just can't do it on the Brutale. As much as I try sometimes, the Brutale just begs to be flogged.

BTW, sending you a PM with some questions on the Breva.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Established Member

I think you may be surprised at how practical the 910R will be. I had never owned a Monster/Brutale type standard but I recently chose the R over the new S4RS Monster for my more practical non vintage riding. I own ~12 bikes of all types and the R has quickly become my favorite for ALMOST ever situation. Good Luck it can serve ALL puposes.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 11:31 PM

I like the Griso :
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 12:49 AM

I don't know if this is going to help you any. But 3 months ago I got an 06 Ninja 650R brand new. Then I went to a Ducati dealership with my cousin to pick up his S2R and I saw it her 05 Brutale S with 800 miles. I had a couple of bikes prior but when I rode it and just the look, it was love at first site. I couldn't sleep of those couple of days either until it was in my garage. So i picked it up that weekend and got rid of my ninja. No regrets.

Last edited by SebBrutale; 09-21-2006 at 12:57 AM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 01:30 AM

As far as a bike goes, the Brute will please you well. Got to flog it the harder the better. As far as cleaning out the kitty, doesn't the wife remind you to be a responsible adult and save for retirement? Mine still does. If you can live with that earfull, can't see anything else stopping you. If you got the fever, the only prescription is...well...no prizes for guessing.

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cow bell."
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 03:17 AM
I know the feeling.

The Brutale is a great all around bike. But it's a backroad burner, not a touring bike. Pretty simple really. I'm surprised at what a basic, practical bike it is, just like the Monster. There's a lot of hype about Ducatis and MV's, but once you get past that the Brutale is just plain a good, honest, simple, unfaired motorcycle, kinda like an old CB400 Supersport. Nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode