Brutale 1078RR bhp specs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 1078RR bhp specs

Hello. I was under impression that the 1078 had 154 bhp. I mean, everyone here always mentioned that and the data's also scattered around on the web. However MV's site claims just 146.8 (b)hp. Why's that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 PM

Does it matter? It's more than you can use.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Established Member

think the lower BHP is more accurate as MV used to exagerate the figures, but when HD bought the company they released the more accurate figures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 09:24 PM

Mine did a stock dyno of 133.5 rwhp and 77fp torque.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Hand built engine. they are all different on the dyno.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Hand built to the point of having a 20 bhp difference? I didn't know the MV were exaggerating, I was once told that they were indeed underestimating their figures. It probably doesn't matter, was just looking to compare the raw specs of 910vs1078vs1090 but it seems now such a comparison would be useless.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 AM
Established Member

Alll I know is that at full throttle my front wheel is in the air at about 7k in first and second...maybe even 3rd ...never tried as I run out of road here....and I weigh 240 lbs. so don't worry yourself over it.

My Duc. 1198 I had dynoed at 156 RHP...so call it 170 at the crank. I can't use it on the street, and probably not even on the track. The point being, is that my Ducati is probably faster, and defintitely has more torque...but I can't tell because neither of them can I pin the throttle to redline on the street....and I don't have time to get out to the track. I don't even know if the MV has a shift light or even what the redline is...I have never redlined my Ducati or seen it's shift light either, and beleive me I ride fast, especially out in the mountains...THEY ARE BOTH TOO FUKKKING FAST FOR THE STREET to do it sanely.....

If I had to call it, I would say the 1090rr maybe acutally "quicker" than the duc. due to the gearing. THe Duc. has more grunt....But I digress..I have been riding over 20yrs and and any model brutale has more than enough balls to rock your world. It's always a coin toss which bike I'm going to ride and the MV usually wins becasue it is sooooo much easier on my body, and a fun little ride to poke around on. THe Duc. is like climbing into a cockpit and readying yourself for a dogfight. You are not always up for it.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Squid; 10-15-2010 at 03:24 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 AM

One of the decent American mags (can see online) does a dyno test and gives you real figures - can't remember which one though !

Oh Yes - and first 4th gear wheelie last weekend

Last edited by Totale; 10-15-2010 at 04:05 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Established Member

Sorry boys and f4 lovers. since I brought it up

Truth is, as cool as this bike is, I never ride it. It's 10 -1 on the brutale and it's still a coin toss which bike I'm going to ride when I do the twisties. 50/50 unless I really feel like taking to the edge, then I run with the Duc.
Attached Images

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Hello. I was under impression that the 1078 had 154 bhp. I mean, everyone here always mentioned that and the data's also scattered around on the web. However MV's site claims just 146.8 (b)hp. Why's that?
Im surprised by this.... my 750s makes 130bhp with a corse chip, cored pipes and a pc111

"The first rule of Italian driving: Whats behind me is not important" 'The Gumball Rally' 1976

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode