Lowering Brutale 1090 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Lowering Brutale 1090

Hi, I am 5'7 30" inseam looking to buy Brutale 1090 with 32.68 in. saddle height spec. Too tall for me, what would be the max. inches I can lower the bike from 32.68 in. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Established Member

Hobbits, Dwarves and Trolls

I'm 5'6" with a 28 inch inseam, I have cranked the rear ride height down almost all the way and run the tubes in the triple clamps up the same amount. Both my feet touch the ground, not quite flat footed. Never measured the overall seat height when I was finished, but it still handles solidly with more than enough travel on either end.

Mark
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksr13 View Post
I'm 5'6" with a 28 inch inseam, I have cranked the rear ride height down almost all the way and run the tubes in the triple clamps up the same amount. Both my feet touch the ground, not quite flat footed. Never measured the overall seat height when I was finished, but it still handles solidly with more than enough travel on either end.

Mark
How many rings have you got showing on the front forks and have you done any adjustments to the suspension. Wanted to lower mine but have'nt had the balls in case I mess up the suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 PM

I have had a couple of buddies have a suspension shop go into the forks and the shock and they can pull between 1 and 1.5 inches out of the suspension. Does change the feel.

Do you hear that? That is the sound of inevitability - That is the sound of an MV blowing by
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Established Member

Still setting sag and trying to find the time to get out and ride so i can decide how my initial setting are. Its the busy time of the year for me.

Mark
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM

I'm 5'3" with a 27" inseam. Learn to ride it as is, no need to put both feet down, any lowering compromises the handling.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Established Member

I wound up raising the back end up and leaving the tubes where I had raised them. Bike handles well and has much better turn in. I can only get one foot flat on the ground at a time but thats just something that I have gotten used to. It was worse on the 999R and slightly better on my XR1200.

Mark
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
I'm 5'3" with a 27" inseam. Learn to ride it as is, no need to put both feet down, any lowering compromises the handling.
I am about the same height . learning to feel comfortable without being able to touch both feet takes practice and a lots of confidence.
I agree lowering the bikes will compromise handling.
Very simple cheap fix instead of lowering the bike 1.5 inches is get some boots modified with 1.5 inch soles,not just the heels..Unless your extremely vain they look okay.
I have a 910r, Bimota yb10 and am very comfortable with both bikes without any mods of the suspension.I can't flat foot either,but the balls of my feet touch.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Established Member

I hate to ask a dumb question, but going to risk it...

Have you gone to a dealer and actually sat on a 1090 yet?
I'm 5'7", 30" inseam and thought the same thing for 32" seat heights, which greatly limits the great bikes you can consider. I ended up going in to look at a Ducati with a shorter seat height. As it happened, an MV Agusta Brutale was sitting next to it which prompted my statement about how I wish I could get this bike, but its probably too high for me. I jumped on it and found that at 32" seat height, I can stand almost flat footed (up on the balls of my feet with about 1/4 of an inch up at the heel). It was actually comfortable! Do I tend to favor a side at lights? Sure. Is it do'able with both feet down if needed- absolutely!

My advice - go sit on one and see if its comfortable. Sit on it for 30 min and see if it grows on you before digging into altering the suspension or dismissing a great bike on your list.

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM

I agree with MVAbrute910. Try it, you'll probably like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode