Mirrors Mirrors and more Mirrors - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Mirrors Mirrors and more Mirrors

I have mounted Rizoma Bar End mirrors on my 1090 and like the added vision they provide as well as the clean look they give the front end. I still need to ride it a bit more to get used to that "trapped hand" feeling. The mirrors mount to the Rizoma Bar ends which attach using an expanding rubber plug. The problem i have is that when I have the bar ends tight enough that they will stay in place, I have pushed them up against the throttle and locked it in place as well. Backing it off a bit works, but then the mirrors move and are not locked in place. Taking it all apart it looks like the only solution is to grind off the metal tit that locks the lever/mirror/master cylinder in place and sliding it down the bar a bit so enough of the bar sticks out the end of the grip to prevent the bar end from touching the throttle. Has anyone experienced this? Other soulutions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:46 AM

I use the CRG Hindsight bar end mirror. They lock in place at any point you insert them and they have no vibration at all
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Established Member

Shim the bar end stem.

The "metal tit" as you call it; it is a hardened steel roll pin and can readily be simply removed by gripping with Vise Grips and pulling directly out of the bar. In the case of some switch and throttle assemblies, the roll pin keeps the assemblies from either slipping or rotating on the bars when twisting the throttle or pressing on switches.

A simpler method may be to have a friend with a lathe simply turn up a thin metal ring and slip the ring onto the bar end mirror stem to avoid end loading the throttle. Alternatively, drop by a good hardware store and look at the thin fiber washers used in the plumbing department and find one that will serve the same purpose. A modified "external" snap ring might also serve.

Best wishes,
Dick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Pics ?

I want to change my mirrors to something that cleans up the front end but does not compromise filtering in close traffic! Bar end mirrors that stick out are not what I am after .... what should I look at?

2010 Brutale 990R
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Metal Pin

I wound up grinding off the metal pin from the throttle assembly and sliding the entire throttle about 1/8 inch further up the bar. That allowed the bar end to tighten against the bare end of the handlebar and stay tight. The two screws tighten the throttle assembly enough that i am not worried about that pin being gone.

Mark
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksr13 View Post
I have mounted Rizoma Bar End mirrors on my 1090 and like the added vision they provide as well as the clean look they give the front end. I still need to ride it a bit more to get used to that "trapped hand" feeling. The mirrors mount to the Rizoma Bar ends which attach using an expanding rubber plug. The problem i have is that when I have the bar ends tight enough that they will stay in place, I have pushed them up against the throttle and locked it in place as well. Backing it off a bit works, but then the mirrors move and are not locked in place. Taking it all apart it looks like the only solution is to grind off the metal tit that locks the lever/mirror/master cylinder in place and sliding it down the bar a bit so enough of the bar sticks out the end of the grip to prevent the bar end from touching the throttle. Has anyone experienced this? Other soulutions??
buy the Rizoma grips or the discontinued Motovation ends

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=238

no issues with CRG LS mirrors
Attached Images

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 04:46 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up Barracuda bar end mirrors

Have you tried the Barracuda Bar end mirrors as they dont stick out like the Arrow Hindsight versions and look brilliant.

Take a look:

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mirrors...ar_end_mirrors

Regards

Al

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Last edited by DesignCorse; 10-21-2010 at 04:52 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 AM

What I don't like about the end bar mirrors is that the bike is then wider.
I like to be as narrow as possible to filter through the traffic.
However that cheapish noise when that mirror is vibrating, this is driving me insane, even more so than not being able to see anything behind.

Only a Biker knows why a dog
sticks his head out of a car window.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Wider Bars with Mirrors

I have the Rizoma Mirrors on my Bar Ends and it barely adds anything to the width. They are very adjusable and I can actually see whats behind me instead of just my elbows. Pictures to follow....

Mark
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksr13 View Post
Stock grips? If you don't set them exactly where they go, they will extend beyond the bar and you will know if they are not correctly located, as there will be movement. When they are correctly located there is virtually no horizontal movement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode