The 750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The 750

Ok so I got home Wednesday Night late! I was annoyed that My flight was delayed and all that stuff..

Anyway I took myself off yesterday *Thursday* And bought a set of Metzeler M5 tyres, 120/60-17 for the front (As apparantly you cant get 65's anymore and the 70 is a slightly higher profile making it slower in the turn in) and a 190/50-17 for the rear....Well....The bike is absolutely amazing!!! I ended up taking it for the customary ride to bed the tyres in, ended up doing about 200 km's before I hopped into the bike.

I was cruising down my local Mountain well below the speed limit happy just to have a dry day when I noticed in my mirror there was a rapidly approaching BMW R1200GS....that did it for me, I was off, problem was though I left him behind and couldn't see him, so i backed off then about a minute later he was back. So I did it again and again, finally Let him go past and well It was an enjoyable trip down the mountain. Obviously not exceeding the Speed limit at all!

I was so impressed with the Brutale that I ended up doing the mountain about 6 times. Considering its about 80km's to the other side, it was a case of ride then fill up then repeat. What an Amazing machine!!! and the tyres, well I reckon they would just about walk up walls.

Anyway after my 6 laps of the mountain I ended up coming home to a nice few vodka's which were quite enjoyable esp when I was out the back and the view was a red brutale!

Got up thismorning and found a fairly over cast day ahead, I figured that I might stay in today as it was a good day yesterday and I dont want to go pushing the envelope on a bike that still isnt insured yet....Anyway about 11 it got the better of me so I hit the mountain again, first via the fuel station, keeping in mind that I have been getting around 150 kms out of about 17 ltrs....might give you guys an idea.

Anyway got half way up the mountain and saw two bikes going the other way, one kawasaki thing and the other a BMW R1200s....Temptation got the better of me and I turned the mv around and chased. They were only just in front of me and didnt take much to catch up to. Once they saw me though, they musta thought oh look at this he is kidding himself and took off. Unfortunately for them I was sitting at approx 7500rpm at this stage so I was happy enough to keep up with them, I noticed that they kept looking in their mirrors. Again It was all at or below the Speed limit!!!

I let them go about 700mtrs in front of me then I chased them down again, they started to get the s**ts with it so they got into it more, now by this stage I was in the upper part of the rev range and on this bm's rear tyre so i could just about count the LED's in his tail light. They couldnt work it out, we hit a straight and I decided it was time to get past the bm, I hoped in the overtaking lane as the BM opened it up, unfortuately for him I went past him even though he didnt like it
Again it was at or below the speed limit!

got down the bottom of the hill and I pulled up for a rest for my backside (Damn hard seats) these guys pulled up too, came up to me and staring at the bike saying "Man what sort of bike is that, I couldnt loose you?!?" Simple reply was along the lines of "its only a 750 mate, your both on 1000's"...the BM rider came over said "oh shit its an MV no wonder!!!" hahahaha.....Poor commoner's Im supprised these guys knew what they were....Should have charged them to come near the bike!

Anyway the observations on the bike were that its basically amazing, the sound is awesome, I left it in one of the gears and was just playing with the rev range from about 4k through to about 12k....just amazing!!!! The handling is unreal, Grip from those Metzeler tyres are incredible, brakes amazing so beautifully balanced, I was flicking the bike quicker than the BM could and almost went up the inside of him on several occasions....

Anyway amazing bike!

Unfortunately I didnt get many photo's but I have put one up of the rear tyre, Considering they have done 300km's not a bad effort.

Im sure you have seen the other post with the bike, Im off for a ride on sunday with a mate So I'll be sure to get some then!

As stated, The speed limit was Adhered to at all times!!!

Coxy.

Don't Judge me, I was born to be awesome, not perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 04:08 PM

New Site Garage
Good story. Get rid of the cat and it will reveal a truer personality and sound. You'll love it even more.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre.poilane View Post
Good story. Get rid of the cat and it will reveal a truer personality and sound. You'll love it even more.
It wont be too loud?

Coxy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:55 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
It will be just right. Not loud at all. Deeper, raspier, nicer.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
It will be just right. Not loud at all. Deeper, raspier, nicer.
What would you replace it with, the MV Corse mid pipe?

Coxy.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Nice write up coxy, i enjoy doing those sorts of things on my ol beat up 100,000k SV , they can't use the line "oh it's an MV no wonder i couldn't catch you" then!
When i'm on the MV they "expect" you to keep up!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy10 View Post
What would you replace it with, the MV Corse mid pipe?
Best thing I have done yet...get any mid pipe (arrow, bodis, corse), and replace the EPROM, reset the tsp, co2 etc and BAM, new bike.

Took her the track over the weekend, and just lurved the noise/throttle response!

Pretty cheap mod, and money well spent. Serious Groper just bought a 750 brute and did a similar thing.....

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
Best thing I have done yet...get any mid pipe (arrow, bodis, corse), and replace the EPROM, reset the tsp, co2 etc and BAM, new bike.

Took her the track over the weekend, and just lurved the noise/throttle response!

Pretty cheap mod, and money well spent. Serious Groper just bought a 750 brute and did a similar thing.....
When you say Replace the Eprom, forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but what do you replace it with...obvious answer is another one but where do you get them from?

There would be a how to guide on here for it I take it?

Coxy.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
Nice write up coxy, i enjoy doing those sorts of things on my ol beat up 100,000k SV , they can't use the line "oh it's an MV no wonder i couldn't catch you" then!
When i'm on the MV they "expect" you to keep up!!
haha yeah, it surprised me though how hard they go....I hear similar things about the SV lol. You must be just about back on that bike of yours wouldnt you?

Coxy.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 05:02 PM

New Site Garage
love ya work Coxy - great write-up too

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode