Do aftermarket blinkers cause SPU issues? - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Do aftermarket blinkers cause SPU issues?

Calling all Brute owners, all Brute owners!

My right rear blinker came off second best to road debris today and now looks something like this


So I thought I might replace all of the blinkers with LEDs from Motovation like these:
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=403

But I've heard that this is just tempting fate with the SPU. Which has already been replaced once. Anyone got any advice on this or should I just replace with OEMs?

Attached Images
 
ceej is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Senior Member
 
outbackbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Outback Queensland
Posts: 325
Going LED means you have to modify the flash rate, several ways to do this , can't see why the SPU would suffer should not be any more load placed on the SPU , depending on how you change the flash rate, load may even be reduced from stock.
outbackbiker is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
They aren't expensive..You could just replace it...

Was this a collision with a "tinny" !

joe
gotojoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Herts
Posts: 79
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceej View Post
Calling all Brute owners, all Brute owners!

My right rear blinker came off second best to road debris today and now looks something like this


So I thought I might replace all of the blinkers with LEDs from Motovation like these:
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=403

But I've heard that this is just tempting fate with the SPU. Which has already been replaced once. Anyone got any advice on this or should I just replace with OEMs?

i fitted the Barracuda LED indicators ( see link ) with the resistors and have had no problem what so ever with these.

Plus they look awesome

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Lights_..._LED_indicator

James
rebelmv is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks guys! @gotojoe it was nothing that interesting. I just felt a thud against my leg and then a few k's down the road a very helpful chap was honking and pointing at the blinker. Beginning of the ride too! Well luckily my riding buddy was one of those BMW touring bike guys that have a whole tool chest in a pannier. Zip ties saved the ride.
ceej is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelmv View Post
i fitted the Barracuda LED indicators ( see link ) with the resistors and have had no problem what so ever with these.

Plus they look awesome

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Lights_..._LED_indicator

James
Hey James, they do look awesome! Do you have them on the front and back? Were they hard to fit on the front? And did you need the resistors?

Last edited by ceej; 09-26-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Incomplete info
ceej is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Herts
Posts: 79
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceej View Post
Hey James, they do look awesome! Do you have them on the front and back? Were they hard to fit on the front? And did you need the resistors?
I fitted them to the rear with the Melotti Tail Tidy i also bought, Easy to fit and alot brighter and better looking than stock ones. Looking to do the front next month.

You can either change the relay for the Indicators to accept the correct flash rate or just get the resistors then you dont need to change the fuse and their simple enough to fit.
rebelmv is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome