Help!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Help!!!

Coming off a Ducati 1098s. I was rear-ended in my vehicle, where it was determined that I have a Spondylolisthesis and massive amounts of arthritis in my back (great news at 26). Needless to say, I can't/don't want to be hunched over anymore and have decided that a Brutale will be my next bike. However, I'm an extreme over-analyzer and mild procrastinator; presenting me w/ a tough time narrowing down what Brutale it'll be...

The bike is going to see quite a bit of use on the streets and freeways of Las Vegas and the mountain passes when I visit my other residence in Lake Tahoe. I'll have a passenger from time to time. I really want a 1078rr or a 910r, but I can't find one around me that A: hasn't already been sold B: I feel comfortable buying from that dealer C: Price is reasonable for condition, miles, etc. Sadly, my local dealer is really great, they just don't have the bike I want.

Should I just stick it out and wait to get what I want (1078)? Get a 1090 or 990? Or buy an '04 Brutale for around $5000.00 to just get back on a bike, get familiar w/ an MV, put the stands I already bought to use and buy the bigger one when it comes up?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Established Member

I had a test ride on the 989 but bought the 1090 as I knew myself I would always be wondering what the top of the range felt like. After having a go on the 1090 brute I would say that it is far superior in terms of riding comfort which can only be good for your back
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Can't you ask your dealer to source a bike for you? They get a profit margin and you get the protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM

New Site Garage
I'd buy the best deal in the short term

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 06:36 PM

Take your time and get the bike you want. In this economy it will come up. You dont want to rush and settle and then regret your purchase later, just be patient.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode