Brutale 1090 Warning Light - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale 1090 Warning Light

I just got through installing my new Corse Exhaust and ECU and when I run thebike, I get a warning light that has no description in the manual. There are three lights just to the right of the Tach. The top of these three lights remains lit and I don't remember this happening before the exhaust install. Anybody know what that is??

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

OK, I know what it is, Its the silly Stand Down Light.....I had the bike on the sidestand and even though the message goes away, The light stays on until you retract it. What a Newbie......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Established Member

LOL it'll be the kill switch next mate, I , we have all been there at some point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Great

Something else to look forward to...lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Established Member

Yeah I got my brother when he just passed his test and had a Z750, I flicked the kill switch and sat with a grin on my face watching him panicking about why his bike wouldn't start lol.

The other one I did was to put his bike in gear after he parked it in the garage. When he tried to wheel it out he thought the engine had seized lol.

I know I'm a cruel bugger
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mac View Post
Yeah I got my brother when he just passed his test and had a Z750, I flicked the kill switch and sat with a grin on my face watching him panicking about why his bike wouldn't start lol.

The other one I did was to put his bike in gear after he parked it in the garage. When he tried to wheel it out he thought the engine had seized lol.

I know I'm a cruel bugger
When I was younger, about a year or two ago....=P My dad, a family friend, his wife, their hot daughters and I went on a ride. We went to a little town called Maleny here in QLD In Australia. I remember parking the bike up and going and getting lunch with them all. We came back, and I turned the key on, hit the go button, and the thing would only click and do nothing, I started to panic, thinking the battery was dead.

Now keeping in mind that Maleny on a sunday morning has at least 1000 motorcyclists there, and I was on a Red Moto Guzzi Sport 1100, I wasnt exactly blending in, it was the only one of those sorts of bikes for miles. So I got him and our family friend to give me a hand to push it to the road, and rode down the hill trying to bump start it. Obviously everyone was watching and when I got to the bottom of the hill, and had stopped, I had only just worked it out......Killswitch was on.....

Happens to the best of us, to this day the two hot daughters dont talk to me....

Coxy.

Don't Judge me, I was born to be awesome, not perfect.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM

I bet you were a talking point for weeks , I've been through maleny on a bike when it's busy & theres bloody bikes everywhere!
Favourite trick when we used to race dirt bikes was reach over to the bike next to you & turn his fuel tap off!!!
Consequently i used to turn mine around so the tap faced inwards so it couldn't be tapered with!!
But they got me back one day, had a le'mans type start (run to the bike, kick start & go)
Usually you leave the bike in neutral, kick starter facing out so you just jump on & go .
Some one had flicked the kick start back in & put the bike in gear ...Bastards
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
I bet you were a talking point for weeks , I've been through maleny on a bike when it's busy & theres bloody bikes everywhere!
Favourite trick when we used to race dirt bikes was reach over to the bike next to you & turn his fuel tap off!!!
Consequently i used to turn mine around so the tap faced inwards so it couldn't be tapered with!!
But they got me back one day, had a le'mans type start (run to the bike, kick start & go)
Usually you leave the bike in neutral, kick starter facing out so you just jump on & go .
Some one had flicked the kick start back in & put the bike in gear ...Bastards
lol

Coxy.

Don't Judge me, I was born to be awesome, not perfect.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Established Member

Another one of my favourites is to hit your mates kill switch just as the traffic light changes to green then take off laughing
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mac View Post
Another one of my favourites is to hit your mates kill switch just as the traffic light changes to green then take off laughing
Yeh thats a good one .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode