i need a hug - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
i need a hug

i need a hugger for my new brutale 990r red if possible. can anyone tell me if the 09 model fits the 10 year model. i know they have changed a lot of the parts 85% according to sales man. ( loving the new bike by the way fantastic ride) some company's (skidmarck) are showing up to 910 by not saying any later. has anybody got one yet?

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I will wager Al at Design Corse can answer that...

And if you come to the Bubbalicious I will happily give you a hug.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Established Member

The huggers off any brutale will fit, that is to say the three holes for attaching the hugger will match up. The rear swingarm design has changed slightly so a hugger off an old 910, to the trained eye sticks out about 5mm on the right. I put one on my 1090 and everyone assumed it was designed for the bike. That said the fact that it didnt match up exactly annoyed me so I ended up taking it off and fitting the right one from MV Corse. Evolution have made their own version of the corse one which is slightly cheaper and their carbon stuff is spot on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thumbs up

thanks for help! i looked in mv. book and couldn't see one. but i will try m.v corse. how you find the 1090 i test rode that one loved it! but got a brill deal on the 990r with only 5bhp between them and a few goodies i went for 990r. still got ya mirror grommets lost one of mine!!!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Established Member

Absolutly love the 1090 have put a full titanium sport system on with the corse stubby end can and upgraded ecu, it goes like a rocket now, not that it was exactly a slouch before.
Got well and truly p**sed off with mirrors so took them off and fitted a set of rizoma radial naked ones instead. Had to re fit the indicators onto the headlight bracket but it was an easy mod and I dont get any of that buzzing that I used to with the stock mirrors.

I cant imagine there is a lot between the 990 and 1090 both cracking bikes.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

that's what the buzzing is like a vibration( steady on fellas) i herd it on both bikes couldn't figure out what is was! so you took them off i wonder if there's another fix. don't find the mirrors to much of a problem apart from when filtering gotta be care full( bit wider). how much did the titanium system and goddies cost ya? bet it sounds great as well!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Established Member

Yeah pretty awesome, baffle in is stunning, baffle out is a bit over the top but a lot of fun for a short blast. Its an expensive mod £2,000 from evolution, worth every penny.

The buzzing mirror problem fix........ Wedge a small piece of black foam between the mirror glass and housing at the six oclock position that tends to fix it. You still can't see f*ck all but your elbows but at least they're quiet.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 06:26 PM
lee

I was very disappointed when I opened this thread. Saw the "I need a hug" post and thought it was Randy. Damn. I had a good one for him too.

+1 on the hug at the B-Licious
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

a least you admitted it ! i wonder how many others opened it a got a surprise, the last time i posted nobody replied this trick seemed to have worked and i got some great advice( thanks flushman)£2.000 eh wonder how much my car is worth?:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Typical thread for you Brute riders huh?

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode