Newbie - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

G'day Guys and Gals

I'm a newbie here on the site and Was wondering what feedback and review's I could get of a Brutale 750. I've just jumped off a Guzzi Sport 1100, and have been without a bike for a while. There is a good Brutale for sale for $8000 which Im looking at getting pending a test ride and a few reviews.

Anyway thanks guys

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 07:29 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Where are you located? If you are in the US, that asking price is about $3000 too high for a 750. You're looking at an '04 right?

Other than the fact that they are both Italian, the Guzzi and MV have nothing in common.

The 750s were largely trouble free. I don't remember reading about any of SPU issues with them. It is a great bike. Send a pm to John (fazer 6). He rode his for something like 50,000 miles.

Last edited by CAG; 09-05-2010 at 07:32 AM.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Where are you located? If you are in the US, that asking price is about $3000 too high for a 750. You're looking at an '04 right?

Other than the fact that they are both Italian, the Guzzi and MV have nothing in common.

The 750s were largely trouble free. I don't remember reading about any of SPU issues with them. It is a great bike. Send a pm to John (fazer 6). He rode his for something like 50,000 miles.
Yeah no worries, I knew I could get some info off someone on here.

I also dont know much about the bike yet, other than its a 750. Still have not seen it, and not putting any money on it until I do, The man himself will call me tonight about a few details on it and I might go and see it tomorrow perhaps. As for the asking price from what I could find the usual asking price seemed to be $10,000-10,500 AUD.

From what I have heard this bike is having some leaning out problems when it gets hot. Apparantly the fix for that is a Power commander chip which fixes it....I hope.

I didnt think the guzzi and MV would have much in common other than the two have wheels and run on fuel. Are they that amazing to ride the Brutale's?

Last edited by Coxy10; 09-05-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy10 View Post
Are they that amazing to ride the Brutale's?
Oh God yes :
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mac View Post
Oh God yes :
I have always had a pin up poster of the F4's but when the Brutale's came out, I always knew I had to have one. Its not bad, I had my Guzzi since I was 18, and Im now 22. I wouldnt have thought too many 22 year olds would have a MV of all things.

Im headed out today to go and see if I can test ride one just too see, but what makes them so good?
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
but what makes them so good?
They have the heart,soul & agility of a fine italian goddess!
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackbiker View Post
They have the heart,soul & agility of a fine italian goddess!
lol fair enough, Must be the Typical Italian thing like the experience you have when you drive an Alfa Romeo full tilt through a twisty mountain.....I suppose you would get plenty of looks on these things?

Where abouts are you from Outback?

Last edited by Coxy10; 09-05-2010 at 05:49 PM.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
......but what makes them so good?
To start with, the chicks really dig 'em. That enough?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
To start with, the chicks really dig 'em. That enough?
hahaha fair enough.

Ok here goes:

I took a 750 Brutale out for a run thismorning, and what a machine!!! It was love at first sit! and yes i mean sit, I sat on it and fell in love. I then asked the dealer to take me for a run on it, I had a old Granny of all people looking at it when I rode past. The local counsel workers all stopped to have a look at it at the lights and were trying to get me to pop a wheelie. Which it does in first and second quite easily!.

For a 750 I didn't quite expect it to go so damn hard, its certainly something special. Its very light in the steering and I found it quite polite in the light traffic I had to put up with, but oh my god how good are they around a few corners.

The only gripe I have with it is the throttle is so sensitive, im sure I can get used to it, but the other thing is the Mirror's, How on earth do you adjust them???

I will be waiting on the first owner to get back to me tonight to see if he wants to sell it or not, but as far as im concerned there will be a brut coming to live here!!!
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
lol fair enough, Must be the Typical Italian thing like the experience you have when you drive an Alfa Romeo full tilt through a twisty mountain.....I suppose you would get plenty of looks on these things?

Where abouts are you from Outback?
Yeh prob similar.....but a better comparison would be a ferrari, not an Alfa they'd compare better with your Guzzi...

Central Qld Australia is my where abouts..you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode